Whats on your Christmas Menu?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 5, 2019
South Aus
Last year it was 44c (112F) on Christmas day for us, made it hot & hard work doing BBQ using a Stick Burner, I was soo tired Christmas day, so I have made a plan this year to make it easier and more enjoyable. Most meats will be cold except the Chicken & Turkey.

What do you guys normally BBQ for Christmas?

My Main Menu Meats Smoking these on 22nd Dec:
Home made Leg Ham (3.5KG Boneless)
Corned Beef - Bought
Pastrami - Bought Corned Beef.
Pork Tenderloins (3)

Smoking these on 25th Dec.
Turkey Breast Roll - 2KG
Spatchcock Chickens. (Pops brine - no cure)

BBQ Plan: I will Skin and throw the Pork Leg in Pops brine for around 4 weeks ( 22nd Nov until 22nd DEC), smoke it on the 22nd Dec, Pork Fillets in Dry Brine for about 14-16 days (9th December) (Smoke on 22 Dec).

22nd Dec - I will smoke the Pork leg, corned beef, pastrami and Pork Fillets , normally takes about 8-10 hours @ 180F.

Christmas day - I will put the chickens, turkey breast and salted Potatoes in the Smoker @ 375F they should take about 3 hours.

My wife will be doing her normal Salads, to hot for Vegetables :)

Christmas to us is being around Family & Friends, enjoying some great food and being thankful for what we have.

You have a nice menu. But Geez, I just asked what she wants me to make for Thankgiving. In the States, Thanksgiving has as much food prepared, if not more than on Christmas. We start planning for the Christmas celebration on Dec 1st. With our Polish heritage, the Christmas Eve meal is more involved than Christmas Day...JJ

You have a nice menu. But Geez, I just asked what she wants me to make for Thankgiving. In the States, Thanksgiving has as much food prepared, if not more than on Christmas. We start planning for the Christmas celebration on Dec 1st. With our Polish heritage, the Christmas Eve meal is more involved than Christmas Day...JJ
My family is Sicilian we are the same way, Christmas Eve supper is the big meal of the holiday for us as well.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
I'll smoke a eight pound boneless rib roast on the Pro 100, make crab ravioli in Alfredo sauce, eggplant parmesan, and a artichoke frittata, wife will make desserts. I was wanting to smoke the prime on my SQ36 offset but with company and time constraints have opted to go with the more reliable constant temperatures electricity offers. RAY

Last year it was 44c (112F) on Christmas day for us, made it hot & hard work doing BBQ using a Stick Burner, I was soo tired Christmas day, so I have made a plan this year to make it easier and more enjoyable. Most meats will be cold except the Chicken & Turkey.

What do you guys normally BBQ for Christmas?

My Main Menu Meats Smoking these on 22nd Dec:
Home made Leg Ham (3.5KG Boneless)
Corned Beef - Bought
Pastrami - Bought Corned Beef.
Pork Tenderloins (3)

Smoking these on 25th Dec.
Turkey Breast Roll - 2KG
Spatchcock Chickens. (Pops brine - no cure)

BBQ Plan: I will Skin and throw the Pork Leg in Pops brine for around 4 weeks ( 22nd Nov until 22nd DEC), smoke it on the 22nd Dec, Pork Fillets in Dry Brine for about 14-16 days (9th December) (Smoke on 22 Dec).

22nd Dec - I will smoke the Pork leg, corned beef, pastrami and Pork Fillets , normally takes about 8-10 hours @ 180F.

Christmas day - I will put the chickens, turkey breast and salted Potatoes in the Smoker @ 375F they should take about 3 hours.

My wife will be doing her normal Salads, to hot for Vegetables :)

Christmas to us is being around Family & Friends, enjoying some great food and being thankful for what we have.
im about do some amazing cooking on my new grill which I bought from amazon and do my breakfast cooking on y stove and toaster which i bought from Best Toasters. I suggest you guys to by some grills online because they cost you really less than buying from local

That sure sounds good, but like JJ said our main sit down meal is usually done on T-day. Christmas is more of a pot-luck buffet.

Chris

That sounds like it will be a Christmas feast.
I really haven't given Christmas dinner much thought since have not made it through Thanksgiving yet.
But whatever we end up doing for Christmas dinner, it will be something simple like a double smoked ham and side dishes.

Wow a super meal planned. Like some have said have to get through Thanksgiving first then on to Christmas which we too have the family dinner on Christmas Eve.

Warren

Christmas...I am just trying to make it through thanksgiving! Christmas will probably be a smoked beef tenderloin, a turkey, and a ham. Plus all the fixins!

WOW that is a great sounding line up!

around here...Christmas eve is bigger meal. No clue what I am making yet. When our kinds come out for holidays we make alot of food and we are just starting to work that up.

Christmas day is all about skiing and snowboarding. Usually involving burgers and beers on the mountain followed by a nap.

Haven’t even finished my Thanksgiving plan yet lol. That said for Christmas I usually do something beef along with ham. This year I plan on doing smoked beef short ribs and finally doing a double smoked spiral ham.

I never realised Thanksgiving was bigger than Christmas across the Water. You guys have a big day coming up, Ill keep my eye of for the Thanksgiving BBQ menu's :)

Our Hams just start hitting the stores now, but, this year I am going to try do my own.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. For me at least, it is about food, fun, and friends and family. In many ways, Christmas eve is similar for some, but my family does get lost in the consumerism and the associated stress and drama.

This year, I'm responsible for the ham, pumpkin pie from our Halloween pumpkins and my bourbon pecan pie. Probably make a baked root vegetable medley since I like it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky