What would you do? Smoker Build....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seksmoker

Original poster
Jan 24, 2014
Hello Folks! I recently got this dbl oven from my work. I have all the electrical components stripped out of it. The first photo is of the front of the oven. I wish I would have taken a photo of the back when i had the panel off. So that I didnt get a photo of the back I did my best a drawing out what the back looks like. It has two squares cut out where it had fans to circular to circulate the heat in the oven. It is 2 separate ovens they each had there own heating elements. If you had this how would you build it? I was thinking of putting a fire box on the back of it however would one fire box distribute enough heat equally? Im thinking that it wouldnt. Thoughts? Input? Ideas? Insults? Yeah rights all welcome LOL. Thanks, JT

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been reading many different threads. Thinking maybe electric or propane may be the way to go?? What do you think?

first can you give us the sizes of the oven .
 is heating element at the bottom or the top ?
do you want to make a big smoker or two small smokers.
what is your budget ?

Would like to make one smoker. The oven is at my work however they are about the same size as a regular household oven. Elements and all electrical components have been stripped out.

I will go for a electrical smoker  it is easy to control and you can use any type of wood pellets or sawdust .

however it won't give you hi temperature .

but we got here great guys they will give you more advice .

just have fun with the build.

I was leaning more to electric. I do not have access to 220v just 110v. So I would have to put in a new element in each oven, each of them being 1200-1500 watts. Would I need one or two PID controllers? Thanks again for all the input.

I get this when i post a link in my reply. "Because you're new here, your post is being held for moderation. Once approved by a moderator, it will be published on the site. Thanks for your patience."

I get this when i post a link in my reply. "Because you're new here, your post is being held for moderation. Once approved by a moderator, it will be published on the site. Thanks for your patience."

Must have had pictures in it.... Our computer/door guard ain't too bright.... You out to see some of the stuff that gets through.... Kind of like the TSA at airports.... :biggrin:

LOL Lets try this. Element info: Evaporator, element, 120 volt, 1500 watts, double

PDI info: Dual PID Digital Temperature Control Controller Thermocouple REX-C100

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky