What whole vegetables do you smoke?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I know it is an old post, But this summer we have been smoking veggies as well. I put some in a roaster pan onions broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus and carrots, did beets in a separate pan before all together. SPG. My favorite was sliced zucchini right on the grill of the smoker with fresh cracked coarse pepper and salt. mmmm mmmm

Reactions: GovernorThompson
zucchini cut in half lengthwise, shave the round bottom flat. Spoon out the seeds in the centered. Brush with olive oil,add Jeff's original rub. Its great with hot sausage but your veg friends might die from that! Add some cheese and smoke away!

Portabella mushrooms, broccoli, sugar snap peas, baby carrots, sliced and whole mushrooms, all cold-smoked for several hours, then chilled in ziplocs overnight, and served with ranch dressing.

I like to toss eggplants into the fire to char the skin and then turn them into baba ganoush or hatzillim. I also char (burn) peppers the same way. After chairing, toss in a paper bag for about 10 min and the skin comes right off, slice into strips, add chopped garlic, olive oil and vinegar, S&P, and there you are. Great as a salad or with grilled Italian sausage for sausage and peppers sandwiches.

I've done a huge blooming onions with butter to be cut up and put on steak and I did a couple Portabella mushroom too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky