What to do with the skin???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
icon_cool.gif

Hi all you smokers out there. I have a delimma and I know you can help me with it. I'm going to New York for work and pleasure. My dilemma is I have a load of pork skin I removed from some pork shoulders that I'm smoking today. I want to bring a bunch of things that theses folks have never had like I'm smofrying turkey and a smoking a shoulder there too. Then I'm also going to make some Abt's and some BBq sushi both I know they have never had but now I'm wondering how to make I think their called crackling or pork rinds what ever I can do with this pork skins. So help goes out to all the great smoking minds out there.

Mark

1. You can make pork rinds several ways. the 1st way is to bake them. Get out your large, thin, baking sheet. Oil down the entire sheet, you can also use cooking spray if that is all your happen to have at the moment.Salt and pepper the pork skins until completely covered in seasoning. Place pork skins onto baking sheet. Be sure they are not on top of one another. Place baking sheet inside of a pre-heated 400 degree oven for approximately 3 hours or until the pork skins are super crunchy. Try and only check them about once every 45 minutes. Opening the oven releases to much heat which in turn lowers the temperature of the oven, making whatever your cooking inside of it cook longer. Once nice and crisp, take out of oven, place onto a plate to cool down just a little, and enjoy.

2. Deep fryng. drop them in grease thats 400. Cook for 60 seconds, remove, season and eat it up. Hope that helps...

1. You can make pork rinds several ways. the 1st way is to bake them. Get out your large, thin, baking sheet. Oil down the entire sheet, you can also use cooking spray if that is all your happen to have at the moment.Salt and pepper the pork skins until completely covered in seasoning. Place pork skins onto baking sheet. Be sure they are not on top of one another. Place baking sheet inside of a pre-heated 400 degree oven for approximately 3 hours or until the pork skins are super crunchy. Try and only check them about once every 45 minutes. Opening the oven releases to much heat which in turn lowers the temperature of the oven, making whatever your cooking inside of it cook longer. Once nice and crisp, take out of oven, place onto a plate to cool down just a little, and enjoy.

2. Deep fryng. drop them in grease thats 400. Cook for 60 seconds, remove, season and eat it up. Hope that helps...
I have done them both ways and I prefer #2 even though it is not that healthy - just tastes better to me.

Jerry has got it with the link , step by step = EASY Just watch your temp or you will scorch them and the lard

Good Luck And from this good eating !!!!

icon_cool.gif

I was thinking of frying them in my turkey fryer set up. I just wanted to make sure that there aren't any off the wall things that I can do with them. But thanks goes out to all that have offered.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky