what temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leggomieggo10

Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
should i pull the boston butt (5.7lbs, been on since noon today) and wrap it in foil than place it in a cooler??

its currrently at 137degrees.

thank you

I take mine to 165 then foil it and go to 200-205 and put in the cooler for at least an hour most of the time 2-3 hours

Take that bad boy to 165 then foil & take him back to about 195 to 200. Let it cool wrap in some towels in a cooler for a few hours, pull & enjoy!! If you haven't tried soflaquers finishing suace I highly recommend it in the wiki! Then don't forget the qview

once it hits 165 than i wrap it, i can put it in the oven for the rest right??

It looks like its been in the smoker for 5.5 hours and hasn't made it to 140 yet.

You are cutting it kinda close to the danger zone.

I put one in at 8am and it got foiled at 165 at noon'

Came out at 205 at 5pm.

What temp you running it at?

yea its at 140 now. i have the brinkman smoke and grill smoker. i can never keep the damn thing at a constant temp, its always low an than ideal than low,etc.

im pretty sure i wont be eating dinner till around 9pm. damnit

Good chance that your temp gauge is inacurite. I would spend some money and get a digital temp gauge. Wal-mart carries a fair one. Around $15.00

yea its at 140 now. i have the brinkman smoke and grill smoker. i can never keep the damn thing at a constant temp, its always low an than ideal than low,etc.

im pretty sure i wont be eating dinner till around 9pm. damnit

icon_cool.gif

Ok everything will be allright. I would put the whole thing into the oven and next time you will know more of what to do. You might want to check into the E-course and that should give you a good amount of basics and fire control too. You might want to run a test fire a time or two just to get the hang of it. But we all were in your boat and new to this whole thing too. I might eseem hard right now but once you lean a few things that no one can tell you how to then you will be cranking out dinners like a pro.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky