What peppers are you growing this year?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The usual suspects. Hungarian Wax, Jalapeno, Bells, Sweet Italian.
The reason I'm sharing is one I stumbled into last season. I purchased some hot Pepperoncini last season. When they came up, to my surprise, they weren't hot. I looked up sweet pepperoncini. It is a Greek variety. They were delicious on the grill. The family and the guys in the poker club agreed. Creamy texture is how on described it. Really good. I saved the seeds and have about twenty plants this season for my and my son's garden. (Hope they come true to their parent) If you find some don't hesitate to try them and share your opinion.
Great forum.

Reactions: Will Squared
seedlings.jpg
A mix of chilies and others in my start flat

Reactions: chopsaw
With a knee surgery in Dec, I was unable to do my seed starts in the basement this year, so I am going with local nursery offerings. We went today a picked up a few veggie starts for peppers I got,
Jalapeno
Serrano
And a new one for me, Devil's Tongue
Also doing a very popular one from last year Sugar Rush Peach. A sweet, citrusy flavor with a good amount of heat supposedly around 100k shu.

Reactions: dr k
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky