What kind of smoker is this?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salsashark

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Found one on a local CL and was wondering if someone could identify based on a picture?

3nf3o73lbZZZZZZZZZ93cdccb486ec334195c.jpg
3n73p63l3ZZZZZZZZZ93c8280cd0d4d2e1a95.jpg

It looks like a GOSM (Great Outdoors Smokey Mountain) This is a good smoker that a lot of people use everyday!

I converted my bullet smoker to work the same way this one does... It uses propane rather then charcoal...

I figured for the cost of converting my pitmaster, if I could get my hands on this, I'd be a happy camper.

I also say that it looks like a GOSM. I'm not sure if it is a big block, need more pics. You've got a good smoker, anyway you look at it.

I agree it appears to be a GOSM, New 16" at Wallymart is $99. Got a 20" wide body GOSM, like it better than my Smokin-Tex electric, Nice unit if the price is right

Still waiting to hear back from seller... if it's a 20" I'll see about picking it up... if he wants more than new, well... I'll go new.

Unfortunately, none of the local Wally Worlds have GOSMs...

If you go to the walmart website you can get the 20" gosm shipped to a store near you for free, took mine about a week to show up. I would highly recommend the 20" over the 16", you will be glad you went bigger.

I agree completely with Fired Up, the 20" is the way to go. You can fit spareribs in it without having to cut them in half.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky