What is your favorite smoker accessory....something you cannot live without.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwtmom

Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
I'm looking for gift ideas.   What is the ultimate in smoker accessories.   I think he pretty much can use anything....thermometers, smoking chips, gloves, racks, etc.

I'm new to this......any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bridget

A couple of good therms, the more the better.
icon_cool.gif

Hi ya Bridget, I take it you are looking for a gift for your other half?

Maverick has a new thermo out and its pretty dang cool.

http://www.amazenproducts.com/

Now the bad part is I think getting it before x mas may be tough but if someone told me this is what I was getting then I wouldn't mind waiting till it was in stock.

The fancy LED bbq lights are pretty cool.

Knives are always an awesome gift, especially if they are good knives. I have this one and its my fail safe everything knife.

Gloves are cool as well, if he uses charcoal and wood, try the welding stores and sites. There gloves are much more comfortable then the BBQ gloves at the hardware stores.   Tillman 750 and 850 are great gloves that wont break the bank.

My favorite accessory is my Maverick remote thermometer....but as Tom said, the new and much improved model ET-732 may not be available before Christmas.  But I too would be happy to know I had one coming! lol

Yes this is for my other half.    He's very much into smoking and does an AWESOME job.   I'm definately going with the thermometer......I'm sure it's worth the wait.    Knife is another good option.

Thanks so much for the tips.....I appreciate it.

Bridget

Also, I know he prefers cherry smoking chips.......is there a brand you can recommend?  

How about some kind of funny/gag gift.   Thought about getting something comical embroidered.  I don't think I would have this by xmas but that's ok.

Bridget

I have one of these, not that I drink that fast but it makes for fun conversation with the neighbors or friends.

http://www.brewbelt.com/

Is his smoker electric, propane, or wood.

Saying he likes cherry chips makes me think its propane or electric.

Maybe a a maze n smoker tray and sawdust off the page with the thermo.

You might send him this way after you get x mas over and just maybe he will share some of his tips, tricks and secrets with us.

Good Luck.

I like the brew belt idea.  He does par take in a few beers while smoking.   His is electric.   What is sawdust used for?    Is a branding iron a waste of money.....is name is Mark so I could get a M and it could also mean Medium.....lol.

I will direct him.   Smoking is his passion.  He smoked a turkey for thanksgiving and it was the best I've ever had.   Brined it in cranberry juice.

I'm loving this site myself.  Thanks for all the help. 

Bridget

Bridget,

Since he has an electric smoker, like so many of us have, it would be my opinion that the absolute best thing you could get him would be the "A-MAZE-N-SMOKER".

Here is a link to the best of the packages (The 6 X 8 package):

http://www.amazenproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AMNP2

Here's a video:

Everybody here loves them!

With this in his electric smoker, he can set the temp of his smoker, and not have to worry about putting chips & chunks of wood in for hours & hours!

The guy who makes & sells these things is a great member of this forum.

You could PM him & make sure you get it by Christmas.

PM: "TJohnson"

Bear

Last edited:
If he likes to drink beer, get him a special beer glass just for cooking. Maybe something with a pig on it. If you could find someone locally that does woodburning you could get him a sign that says Sam's BBQ Joint don't know his name but you catch my drift. I'm having a sign made that say's Amelia and Stephen's Restaraunt for us this year. Something practical I can't go without are latex gloves. A great big box of those would be a gift that I would love.

Bridget,

Since he has an electric smoker, like so many of us have, it would be my opinion that the absolute best thing you could get him would be the "A-MAZE-N-SMOKER".

Here is a link to the best of the packages (The 6 X 8 package):

http://www.amazenproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AMNP2

Here's a video:

Everybody here loves them!

With this in his electric smoker, he can set the temp of his smoker, and not have to worry about putting chips & chunks of wood in for hours & hours!

The guy who makes & sells these things is a great member of this forum.

You could PM him & make sure you get it by Christmas.

PM: "TJohnson"

Bear

I am with Bear on this one.  Best thing that ever happened to my smoker for sure

icon_cool.gif

I would go with a new thermo meter a good smoker never has enough of them. Maybe a good slicing knife is also an option. Then you could go with and nice apron or something like that. I know one thing that we all would really like. Now this is only for someone that you really like ALOT maybe get them a good hunk of Wagyu Beef Brisket or a good Cowboy Ribeye Steak from Alan Brothers. Believe me they will love you for it too.

http://www.allenbrothers.com/  

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky