What is a simple or ordinary thing that you can't do well.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 16, 2009
Summerville, SC
First off... This is not a "I can't lick my ....." topic. So let's get that said.

I cannot for the life of me cook regular white rice. I have tried all methods, proportions and it always turns out to be a glob of inedible goo.
I don't paint well either. I'll build whatever you want honey, but this guy doesn't paint.
Except one painting I did with my daughter.. She's a Bob Ross fantoo and one hell of an artist.
20190919_185219.jpg

Hello, my name is Eric, and I cannot draw a decent stick figure, not for the life of me I can’t.

That picture your daughter drew is gorgeous. What a talent. I wish I could draw or paint, but just not for me. My youngest son though is pretty good at it so it’s in the wood pile.

🤣Funny thread! I cannot fold any clothes or towels straight or neatly. It drives my OCD wife nuts, for years she thought I did it on purpose to get out of helping. But, I kept explaining to her that even when I was enlisted, before inspections, I would spit shine other people’s boots in trade for folding my shirts, skivvies, and towels. No matter how hard I try, or how long I take, I can never fold things nicely.

According to the She-Beast I can't load the dishwasher, in fact I've banned from any and all attempts. I am however allowed to unload it.
Matter of fact I don't seem to be able to do much of anything right. LOL
Of course if things get backed up, I will jump in and do it my way. Any complains will be met with a question as to why I have to. So far she appreciates the help, but only if she is too busy and if it gets ahead of her.

I had to think about this as I quit trying to do things that obviously were never going to be accomplished. One is pancakes. No matter what it's either the texture or taste. I go out to eat or have anyone else make them and they're good. The other is any type red pasta sauce or what I've always called spaghetti sauce. I have never made a batch I cared for with the exception of vodka sauce once or twice. Also, put me in the fitted sheet camp. I've watched videos of how to do it.... nope. Not happenin!

🤣Funny thread! I cannot fold any clothes or towels straight or neatly. It drives my OCD wife nuts, for years she thought I did it on purpose to get out of helping. But, I kept explaining to her that even when I was enlisted, before inspections, I would spit shine other people’s boots in trade for folding my shirts, skivvies, and towels. No matter how hard I try, or how long I take, I can never fold things nicely.
That is hilarious, I'm in the same boat. My Wife can even fold fitted sheets to perfection. I'm banned from any and all folding, not for a lack of trying.

I can't spell!! Worlds worst speller! It's so bad that lots of times Google can't even figure out what word I am typing in....
I don't spell well, either. I rely on autocorrect or spellcheck to keep me straight, but I can easily spot misspelled words. They're the ones with the squiggly red line underneath them...🤣

I can't spell!! Worlds worst speller! It's so bad that lots of times Google can't even figure out what word I am typing in....

I don't spell well, either. I rely on autocorrect or spellcheck to keep me straight, but I can easily spot misspelled words. They're the ones with the squiggly red line underneath them...🤣
I’m with you, there are certain words that I never get right. I’ve come to rely on that red squiggly line so much that if I’m writing in my notebook or on a whiteboard and I get to those words I stop and wait for a red squiggly line to appear on my paper🤣

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky