What do you use to clean carbon deposits from concrete floor?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tempnexus

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 25, 2017
I have my smoker at my deck and the deck is a poured concrete-not cured. So after many smoking sessions I have few grease and carbon stains around the smoker. I would like to clean it. I used Pull It Out on the grease and it worked OK and then I tried concentrated bleach on the carbon stains but it didn't seem to work. I've also tried Dawn dish detergent, that also didn't work.

So what do you guys/gals use and what do you do to prevent them from occuring? Is there a smoker mat or something that the smoker can be placed on that can withstand high temperatures ? (275+ F).

wait and scrub it , then wash it off

Ok cool. I have removed virtually all of my oil stains via Pull It Out; it actually worked wonders. However, what remained seem to be the smoke charcoal stains so I will try TSP.

And now to the 2nd part of my question....do you guys/gals use any type of mats under the smoker? If so what would you recommend?

So what do you guys/gals use and what do you do to prevent them from occuring? Is there a smoker mat or something that the smoker can be placed on that can withstand high temperatures ? (275+ F).
Do a web search for "bbq mat for deck." There are lots of options that are good for high heat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky