What did I do wrong?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
An update.
I have now done 3 more cooks on the grill/smoker over the last 3 weeks. I did st louis ribs, meat loaf & today I did another pork shoulder. Following the advice above, all of them turned out great. I still have a lot to learn, but I no longer have any desire to go out for BBQ. Thank you again for the help.

Reactions: noboundaries
An update.
I have now done 3 more cooks on the grill/smoker over the last 3 weeks. I did st louis ribs, meat loaf & today I did another pork shoulder. Following the advice above, all of them turned out great. I still have a lot to learn, but I no longer have any desire to go out for BBQ. Thank you again for the help.

Glad to hear it is working out :)
Just keep at it and keep learning. Every time you improve it is a joy and every improvement means better results to eat :D

So I am new to smoking so n=1 but mine stalled at 192 so wrapped, I put it in a 375 degree oven to finish to an IT of 205, then wrapped in towels and put it a cooler to sit for an hour. Not having a good feel I went by IT.

So I am new to smoking so n=1 but mine stalled at 192 so wrapped, I put it in a 375 degree oven to finish to an IT of 205, then wrapped in towels and put it a cooler to sit for an hour. Not having a good feel I went by IT.

Hi there and welcome!
Well we'll know soon. It's always by tenderness stab test with these cuts we've been talking about. Briskets are the WORST for getting proper probe placement.
Here is where I have 5 probes in a brisket from different angles aiming for the same area:

KYSsBbE.jpg

Here is the post in full:

I hope it comes out tender but it should taste good no matter what. When you warm it up you can still get it more tender if it isn't as tender as you wanted... if you have a little time. Like warming up in a crock pot will tenderize the crap out of it if you give it the time. So don't think you are doomed if it comes out sub-par :)

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky