What are your favorite sides to serve with smoked meats?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So many sides and most mentioned here , cold salads, different types of slaws, just sliced veg...tomatoes and cukes. Mac and cheese
scalloped tators, different rice dishes, or a nice big Bacon Potato Dome.etc etc

David

PS: don't forget to smoke up a nice dessert

Reactions: SolHero
Pretty much with all that have been mentioned. The one thing I really enjoy is BBQ spaghetti with smoked chicken whatever.
Yes I'm with others. Dukes is the best but not the light.

PS: don't forget to smoke up a nice dessert
Oh yeah, I was curious about a smoked cream cheese dessert.

By the way, thanks to everyone for the recommendations using Dukes mayo. I was not aware of that one. I don't think they sell those in my area, all I see is the Best Foods brand everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRKsmoking
I made this last couple times. I think it really the lemon juice and rind that wakes it up. I a Dukes fan also for most things.

1 bag coleslaw mix
1/2 cup miracle whip
1 TBS Pyure sugar
rind of lemon grated
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon vinegar
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
½ tsp celery seed
¼ tsp cayenne
This sounds awesome Brian, I have almost everything that I need except the M.Wipe & the Pyure sugar, I'll grab some today if I can find it, if not I'll order it off Amazon.
Thank you very much.
Dan

This sounds awesome Brian, I have almost everything that I need except the M.Wipe & the Pyure sugar, I'll grab some today if I can find it, if not I'll order it off Amazon.
Thank you very much.
Dan
Just use any sugar you have. At the time got it was my favorite but know they have several good ones.

Everyone that I know seems to like home made smoked Mac n cheese. Tons of recipes to try. It gets cooked often when I am smoking. Just boil some elbow noodles add grated cheeses and maybe a few other things into a disposable aluminum pan and stir, then throw on the smoker.

Greens are one of my favorite. Either mustard greens or Collard greens and mix in some ham or bacon. Just cook in a large skillet with a little water until wilted, and season with salt. Good stuff.

Green beans pan seared in olive oil with a little brown sugar thrown on the end.

I can also slice up some onions and peppers and pan fry, and serve with just about anything.

Corn is another good side. You can just slice the two end off and throw onto the smoker with the husk still on it. Hard to burn that way and smoke away.

For something you don’t have to cook, I like most coleslaws and really like a lot of the chopped salad mixes they have now a days for a cabbage based salad. You just stir together the chopped salads. Comes in a bunch of different flavors like Asian, avocado etc.

Just use any sugar you have. At the time got it was my favorite but know they have several good ones.
Brian, so far I haven't found a sugar substitute that I really like yet.
I hate the cool mouth feel some of them give too you. So I'm going to check this one out, I ordered it from Amazon already.

Thanks for the tip.
Dan.

Right now, my wife and I are sitting in our favorite pizza joint.
And I'm eating a greek salad with chicken breast on it and it's killing me. Hahahaha!!!!

I order Duke's off Amazon, I buy 3 to 6 of the big jars at a time. In a pinch, I'll use Best foods and add a little sugar and white vinegar to replicate Duke's, it actually comes pretty close.
I guess I could always try it with a sugar substitute to make it more low carb.

Why are you adding sugar to Best Foods/Helmans to make it taste like Duke's when Best Foods already has sugar and Duke's does not?? That's what I like about Duke's. I like imported Kewpie too.

Brian, so far I haven't found a sugar substitute that I really like yet.
I hate the cool mouth feel some of them give too you. So I'm going to check this one out, I ordered it from Amazon already.

Thanks for the tip.
Dan.

Right now, my wife and I are sitting in our favorite pizza joint.
And I'm eating a greek salad with chicken breast on it and it's killing me. Hahahaha!!!!
jcam222 jcam222 can probably give you some more in sight on this.

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky