What’s your thoughts about a Virtual Pin Map ideal?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shoneyboy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 3, 2010
Denham Springs La
I’m just a curious type person and I’ve been wondering if there’s a way to see where we have members located at (besides opening each individuals profile page)? I’ve seen post that state that we have over 40,000 members and over so many hundred thousand posts, but I can’t seem to find that information. At work we have a world map with pins in it, which allows individuals from different country’s to have the ability to proudly show where there from……What would be nice, would be to find some way we would have a virtual pin-able map that we could share on-line.  Would anyone be interested in working on this with me?  I just don’t have the knowledge on a way we could do this, Yet ! but I'm looking to something now. I would like it to set up to where everyone that would want to join in would just be able to stick a pin in and maybe add what information they feel comfortable with attaching to thre pin. Maybe just your general location and profile name? or as much infromation you want.....What’s your thought? I just thought it would be interesting to see where everyone’s at in this world…… ShoneyBoy

Don't we have that already ?
I know I marked on a map on here before. I will see if I can find it .

That's the ideal, but this one dosn't seem to work......
help.gif

That's pretty cool Dave!

I see Jeff is on it so I guess it's been approved. I wonder if it could be put in a link on the home page so it would be readily accessible? Looks like a social networking job to me, come on Alesia let's see it!!!
2X

I just stick my pin through the roof of my house on the coast of Georgia. I hope it doesn't rain today!

That's pretty cool Dave!

I see Jeff is on it so I guess it's been approved. I wonder if it could be put in a link on the home page so it would be readily accessible? Looks like a social networking job to me, come on Alesia let's see it!!!
Ha Ha Dave! I'll send Jeff a PM and see what he thinks - if it's a go one of us will get it up. I like the idea alot.

Is this map not working for members to add their pins anymore? I see mine is still up there...

So over 40,000 people have registered as a member since the site started, anyone have any idea or way to calculate how many active members? Like how many members have posted on the site in the last 6 months...

Is this map not working for members to add their pins anymore? I see mine is still up there...
So over 40,000 people have registered as a member since the site started, anyone have any idea or way to calculate how many active members? Like how many members have posted on the site in the last 6 months...
The map is working, I pinned my house today.

I don't think there is but that's a good question for Jeff or Brian. If they don't respond to this I will shoot them a PM and find a correct answer for you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky