Wet cure calculation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
First time dry cure turned out great thanks for the help and advice everyone.

i ended up doing .25% cure #1, .75% sugar, 1.5% salt 14 days in ziploc bags
Hot smoke on pellet grill at 180F till 145 IT
The next day cold smoke for 4-5 hours with pellets which I thought I messed up with the thick white smoke but it worked out well on the test taste!!
Can’t wait to try Canadian bacon which I might have to inject so that’ll be a first as well.
View attachment 529182View attachment 529183View attachment 529184View attachment 529185View attachment 529186View attachment 529187
That is an excellent recipe and pretty much a guaranteed path to success. Nice work. Job well done.
You can also add spices like garlic, onion or pepper, thyme, rosemary, clove pretty much anything to add flavor. The curing recipe you posted is solid and is exactly what I use for my base cure rub. It’s delicious.

Please post up a link or quote to where Pop’s brine ingredients are weighed. They are, as far I as I have seen, all volumetric. Nothing weighed. So random brine with random amounts of meat.

My apologies for not having a specific quote or link to the weights of each ingredients. While communicating with Pops via PMs we discussed the list of ingredients and the weights of each from which I developed a chart for personal use so that I was making consistent brines by grams and not cups or half cups or heaping tablespoons.

Clearly I have spoken out of turn and will refrain from doing so again.

That is an excellent recipe and pretty much a guaranteed path to success. Nice work. Job well done.
You can also add spices like garlic, onion or pepper, thyme, rosemary, clove pretty much anything to add flavor. The curing recipe you posted is solid and is exactly what I use for my base cure rub. It’s delicious.
Thank you. Yeah i read a few of your post and a couple other people suggesting that ratio and it turn out great. I'm with you on weight vs volumetric measurements as volumetric is to variable based on the source/cut (course vs fine) of the spice and the measure method. Weight in grams or oz will always be the same

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinEdge
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky