went a little crazy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bradger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 12, 2019
northern NJ
i was at the store when i saw the price for whole chickens 99 cents a pound a price i wave not seen in almost a year. i couldn't resist
DSCF3762.JPG

put 3 in the freezer and started brineing one to smoke tomorrow, brine consists of salt,apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and orange peal.

Nice!

Been lucky here to see them at that price a few times over the Summer and Fall.

Brine sounds good, do ya have an actual recipe or do ya just wing it?

That's not crazy, it's brilliant. No reason in the world not to take advantage of a sale like that.

Robert

Nice job grabbing at the sale! They were on sale here last week for the same price, I don't have room in my freezer to fit even one yardbird. RAY

That's a great price. We had that here a few weeks ago, I got 2, the Mrs. wouldn't let me get more. Always good to take advantage of those deals.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky