Well I finally found you.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ozark rt

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 25, 2007
North Arkansas
Hey y'all, I hope you can stand another rookie. My wife bought me one of these below for Christmas. And speaking of this particular smoker, if any of you have any tips, complaints, or suggestions I certainly welcome them. I have grilled for many years but smoking is a whole new ballgame for me thus the main reason I am here. I will try to read more than I post but I do hope you will put up with me as I'm sure to have a few, well probably a lot of, questions. Thanks for having me and thanks Jeff for hosting the site.
Richard
Mountain Home, Arkansas

hi, richard, and welcome to SMF, the best smoking meat forum on the 'net. ask any questions you may have, you don't learn by keeping quiet. you sign up for jeff's 5-day e-course? loads of good info in there. i don't have the smoker you have. mine is similar; i built it using a 55-gallon drum, with a side firebox for the chargriller like yours for my firebox.

Welcome to SMF, Richard. Check out the Charcoal Smoker Forum. There is a thread there talks mods for this type of smoker.

Welcome Richard -

We're so glad you found us! Great group of folks here with alot of talented smokers. Grab a drink and a comfy chair there's a ton of information here!

Welcome Richard -

We're so glad you found us! Great group of folks here with alot of talented smokers. Grab a drink and a comfy chair there's a ton of information here!

Hi Richard - Welcome to SMF! Lot's of room here for the new people. Read and ask all the questions you like. Someone will have an answer for ya.

Keep Smokin

Welcome Ozark RT, glad you found us. I too am new to smoking and like you been grillin for years. Since I found this site I have learned a lot from these folks and my smokin is a success. Great ideas, awesome food and good fellowship. Can't beat it. :D

Welcome to the SMF. I also own a Silver Smoker. If you have any questions, just ask.

Thanks for the welcome. I have looked at some mods I need to make like adding a heat baffle, lowering the thermometer even with the cooking grate, and extending the smoke stack a little lower. I guess I have one question for cajun_1, even though I've never met a cajun from Idaho, did you also make these or any other modifications to your smoker. And GoFish I plan to start with a Boston Butt, a brisket, and some veggies as I"ve heard those are the most forgiving.

Ozark, Yes I did all the mentioned mods to my Silver Smoker. I also did 1 that you didn't mention. A charcoal box. This box allows the ashes to fall to the bottom of the fire box and not smother the fire out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky