Well....here's to smoky meat!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pkgal95

Original poster
May 24, 2007
Kansas
Hello Everyone,

I guess I'm about ready to give it a wing. I purchased a Char-Broil Silver Smoker, and I will be doing my first brisket Saturday. Lot's of questions, and I'm sure I'll get some help here. I did the e-course, so I have a basic idea how to start. Hopefully this will become a way of life. There seem's to be, almost a sub-culture, of people who love to smoke meat, rather than the 20 minute weekend gas grill hotdog, which I still do for the kiddies. Anyway, glad to "virtually" meet you all, wish me luck!!!!

-Pete
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif

Welcome Pete. Yes, is WILL BECOME A WAY OF LIFE!! Very habit forming.

Lot's of great advice and folks here

Welcome to the forum Pete. It is nice to have you here. Please feel free to share smoking adventures, ask questions, gather knowledge and whatever else you're comfortable with. Have fun.

Bill

From one newbie to another, welcome.

Ron

Welcome Pete -

Briskets pretty easy as long as you remember LOW AND SLOW! Smoke will be about 1-1/2 hours per pound at 225°-250° F unitl you reach an internal temperature of 200° to 205° F.

I like to cook my brisket to around 160° -165° F internally without foil, then finish my brisket by wrapping it in double layers of foil until the internal temperature is between 200° to 205° F.

Don't forget about the Smoking Plateau. If the temperature stops rising at around 150 - 160 ° F don't worry - wait it out it will start to climb again after a few hours.

Good Luck!

Welcome aboard Pete!

You have come to the right place for all things smoked. Have fun, good luck and take pictures!
icon_cool.gif

Welcome to SMF, Pete- glad that you joined us.

Check out the Beef forum, there is a thread there that's all about briskets!

Enjoy!!

Welcome Pete, you've joined a forum full of very knowledgeable people who are willing to share if you'll ask. There are a few modifications, linked below, I made to my Silver Smoker that really made it more efficient and generally made my smoking life easier. You also might consider using the Minion method of fueling your smoker. This works especially well if you use a char coal basket. Anyway remember to be patient, ask questions, & have fun.

Silver Smoker Mods: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ead.php?t=1922

Minion Method:
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/fireup2.html#minion

PKgal

The forums are set up in topics such as beef, pork, sausage etc. if you don't find it fits there there is a general discussion forum.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky