Well....fishing is out this weekend....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It sure does! KastKing Black Hawk II. Brand new rod on my first cast when he hit.
I asked because in the pic, it looks a lot like an Abu Garcia Vendetta. I broke 2 of them on average sized fish, not big fish, while fishing, both in the same spot. Abu replaced them, but I lost all confidence in them. I still have 4, but I won't even give them away. I kept one of the broken ones to use when re-lining reels. I believe that your rods have a lifetime warranty so if you haven't already, reach out to KastKing and they should make it right...

I asked because in the pic, it looks a lot like an Abu Garcia Vendetta. I broke 2 of them on average sized fish, not big fish, while fishing, both in the same spot. Abu replaced them, but I lost all confidence in them. I still have 4, but I won't even give them away. I kept one of the broken ones to use when re-lining reels. I believe that your rods have a lifetime warranty so if you haven't already, reach out to KastKing and they should make it right...
The replacement should be getting shipped today. Very good customer service. That's a great idea about using a broken rod for respooling!

Years ago I watched a B.A.S.S. tournament on TV and the angler caught a largemouth bass and while reeling it in, the cameraman panned around to show a blue crab on the bottom beside the boat. This was in south Louisiana. Bull Sharks will swim a long way up freshwater rivers, too...
I knew about the bull sharks coming way inland (thanks Shark week...lol).

I thought this was a cool pic....a baby swordfish fry...
Swordfishie.jpg

That there is a god's honest trophy fish. If I ever did see one. I hope you got it mounted by a reputable taxidermist.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
The replacement should be getting shipped today. Very good customer service. That's a great idea about using a broken rod for respooling!
Maybe their CS is so good, because they have so much practice, replacing broken rods?

Bear

Offshore forecast is calling for 15-20knot SW winds; 2-4ft. seas with occasional 5ft. both Sat. and Sun...
https://marine.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=gmz552&syn=gmz501

Even with a 26' World Cat catamaran, that weather would not be fun to fish in.
Looks like I will be working on my new 42.5cu.ft. stainless steel double door maturing chamber and doing yard work this weekend.
That is a flat day out here, in 15 to 20 knt wind we'd have 10" to 20' swells every 8 to 10 seconds, with wind wave on top of them. You add the wind wave to the swell, and it gets ugly out here.

I won't be fishing the ocean either, well maybe in the bay for Striper and Halibut, you can always find an area to get out of the wind in the SF bay, which is nice.

Heck, with your boat, I'd be fishing most days that we turn around in a 22' Davis Cortez boat.

This is what the area I fish looks like on a big swell day/ bbq and beer day.

It's good to know when to stay in the harbor and BBQ and drink beers on the boat, good call!!!

I said it would not be fun to fish in....did not say I WON'T fish in it. The problem lies with the guests I have coming into town, Uncles step son is in a medical boot, just got his cast off 1 week ago. No way he could take those seas....

No worries, we'll have fun at the other camp regardless...catching crabs, fish fry on the dock, making homemade ice cream....swappin stories and tellin lies.....

Well, we only caught 4 crabs in the traps while at my Uncle's camp this past weekend. My Uncle's Brother in law did not know we were going to the camp since it was a last minute change of plans from going to Venice and he ran the traps day before we got there. But......my Uncle ran the traps today (10) and caught 31 crabs...15 were #1 males and very full. He did re-bait the traps and put them to soak until Saturday when he will run them again along with his Brother inlaws traps too (another 10). Hope to have about 100 or so. He is doing a big crab boil this Sunday for Father's Day and invited the extended family over. I will be going...and I'll be bringing a charcuterie board. I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve H
Wife and I were out by the farallon islands this past Sunday. Beautiful flat waters and foggy. Perfect for Rock and Ling Cod. Came home with limits. Wife did snag the bottom and lost almost half of her braided line, so today is re-spool day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky