Welding blanket size for Gravity by mb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Unless you live in Tahoe or way up on the Or. boarded you aren't going to need a blanket for your smoker.
Will it save you a $1.00 worth of fuel? Maybe, but it really isn't needed in 90% of CA .
Cold in CA? :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

If its pouring rain or really windy, an easyup or a wind break will help more.

Otherwise, any cheap welding blanket from harbor freight will help a little bit with insulation to the cooking chamber.

So it's only for fuel savings? I don't care about that long as the temps are even.
Where do you live in CA? I live in Concord/ bay area and I've never used a blanket on my pellet pooper or any other of my smokers for that matter. Blankets help hold temps when it's freezing outside not CA cold...lol

Its may be of use to you if some insulation is needed. I did 3 sided to slip on my MES and then a moving blanket for ND smoking weather.
20190602_075236.jpg

thanks for the info. I am in a dire need of one
Harbor Freight is a good source for a cheap welding blanket. Some use moving blankets, as well, which can also be purchased from Harbor Freight.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky