Weird Smoking Request

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JBCWCHS06

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 30, 2022
Have a relative that's having a party tomorrow and they were going to make a dish with stew meat in a crockpot. But she asked me if I think I could smoke it instead and wasn't really sure if I could or how to even do it. So any kind of suggestions would be very helpful

Have a relative that's having a party tomorrow and they were going to make a dish with stew meat in a crockpot. But she asked me if I think I could smoke it instead and wasn't really sure if I could or how to even do it. So any kind of suggestions would be very helpful
Hi there and welcome!

She talking about smoking the soup or just the meat?
What cut of meat is it?

I would suggest you smoke the meat and then make the stew if she wants a stew with smoked flavor.

If she wants the meat just to be smoked and eaten then tenderness will depend on the cut of meat. If it is chuck meat or brisket meat you can smoke it and when it gets tender (198F-205F) it is ready to eat.

If the meat is like a round roast then it is too lean and not a good candidate for smoking as it would dry out and wants to be tender around the rare/med rare temps.

I hope this info helps steer you in the right direction :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky