Weekend Smorgasbord

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dkmiller16

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 16, 2018
Had a blast cooking up a variety of food this past weekend! Skirt and flank steak tacos with everything being made from scratch, guac, candied jalepenos, pickled onions, southwest crema. Then we followed up with a couple filets, I know weird combo but that was what the guests wanted. 😃 Homemade icecream and apple crisp, and then we tried the latest fad... bacon wrapped oreos with some Meat Church Holy Cow!

20201009_215857.jpg
20201009_215945.jpg
20201009_215739.jpg

Looks fantastic! I've just heard about these bacon wrapped Oreos the other day. Pretty good, huh? I might try them.

Guess I'm not up on the latest fads. I love bacon, and Oreos but don't know if I'd do that to them. You'll have to tell us more. The rest of your feast looks absolutely wonderful.

Everything looks really good!
Never heard of bacon wrapped Oreo, did you smoke them?
Cause I think I would throw them in the freezer, then fry them.
The combo doesn’t sound too good to me, but I would definitely try one!!
Al

I'm a huge taco lover and those look fantastic! The filets look great too. Nice cook all around.
Ive seen the bacon wrapped oreos floating around on Facebook. Not sure if I would like them or not but I give you props for taking the plunge to try it out. How did they taste??

The oreo thing is all over IG. Everyone is doing it. I'd like to try one, but would hate to waste a package of bacon and oreos if I didnt like them.
Jim

Hell Yeah, the tacos and steak look fantastic!
I'd eat more than a few of those.

I've heard of Bacon Wrapped Oreos, but haven't tried them yet.
Just me, but I'd have to have my bacon better rendered than you show.
I'm thinking, pre-cook the bacon halfway, then wrap and deep fry.

Hmmm... Maybe next weekend.

My initial thoughts were mostly the same as all the comments above... however I am always up to try anything new. My thoughts are usually down the line of, maybe I wont like it but it could spark a new idea or flavor profile for something completely different.

As far as the Oreos, I did see them floating around on IG and FB land. The bacon was thinner then I would have preferred, I thought I had a medium slice and it was thin. I think that would have helped for sure. chilerelleno chilerelleno , agree on they also could have been rendered down a bit more. I took half piece of bacon, covered with the seasoning, I should have gone a bit heavier, then in the smoker for 45 minutes at 250 degrees.

As far as my thoughts, I wasn't blown away and thought best combination ever, but I also wasn't saying, ugh wont do that again. I will try these again and will try a thicker bacon, more seasoning as well as a couple varieties, and probably try the golden Oreos as well to see.

All that said, I love to mix sweet and savory, almost always grab some extra protein to eat with my desert. Anyone else like that??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky