Weekend Smoke- Pic heavy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Birthday party for my neighbors so I wanted to sit around, drink beer and tend the smokers all day! First time with my Bradley, Masterbuilt 7-1 and new to me Weber kettle rolling. Started about 6:30 AM.

Phase One: Beef Short Ribs with Holy Cow over hickory, racked in pan with broth uncovered til probe tender around 203. Not as much pull back. Would take a bit higher next time. Probed good though.
IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg
IMG_2209.jpg

Phase Two: 2- Pork Butts rubbed in Honey Hog
BBQ and cooked to 200 ish. Saved for next day. Left uncovered. One on hickory electric; other hickory charcoal with cherry and bourbon soaked cherry. Great bark and smoke flavor.
IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg
IMG_2197.jpg
IMG_2202.jpg
IMG_2203.jpg

Thick cut smoked chops for friend in Honey Hog BBQ
IMG_2190.jpg

Phase Three: Armadillo Eggs- jalepeno, onion, cream cheese, smoked cheddar and shrimp wrapped in homemade hot italian sausage and some in venison breakfast sausage in homemade bacon wrapped Jalepeno poppers- same stuff Pig shots- first time- Kielbasa, smoked cheddar, bacon and some seasoning
IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

Cooked 5#'s specialty brats from local and a few pounds marinated chicken on the Weber Kettle. Enjoyed sitting around and tending. Still learning the Masterbuilt and Kettle for sure.

The salvaged Weber is looking good.
IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

Beautiful with smokers, brews, neighbors and some tasty food! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_2210.jpg
    IMG_2210.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2201.jpg
    IMG_2201.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 22
Wow, I’m impressed. I would be an exhausted disaster smoking for that many guests. And, everything looks fantastic! I love cooking for people, but this is a major level up. Thanks for sharing, how are you holding up? Hope you found a few cold ones!

Reactions: jmusser
I’m a novice smoker here and I agree that there is satisfaction in running an all day smoke (and cold beer doesn’t hurt). Everything pictured looks delicious, I’d like the recipe for those armadillo eggs, they look and sound spectacular! Nice work

Great looking food ,looks like a good day to put on a big spread for friends and neighbours , and love the Armadillo eggs
that is on my next cook list.

David
Thank you sir! My first as well. Only prob is they are big. Might try halves next time.

Wow, I’m impressed. I would be an exhausted disaster smoking for that many guests. And, everything looks fantastic! I love cooking for people, but this is a major level up. Thanks for sharing, how are you holding up? Hope you found a few cold ones!
Appreciate it. Was exhausted but happy. Masterbuilt and Weber are pretty new. The Bradley is pretty much set and forget! Love to make people happy with food.

I’m a novice smoker here and I agree that there is satisfaction in running an all day smoke (and cold beer doesn’t hurt). Everything pictured looks delicious, I’d like the recipe for those armadillo eggs, they look and sound spectacular! Nice work
Thanks! Was a blast sitting in chair not being bugged since I was cooking/ drinking with neighbors. Pretty simple for me. I usually like venison tenderloin inside my poppers. Weber indirect made easier to get the smoke flavor and still crisp the bacon up.

Armadillo Eggs: halved and cored jalepeno; cream cheese softened and rub tossed with smoked cheddar, raw shrimp and filled; onion slice; basically make a meatball around it with sausage; wrapped in bacon slices; cover in rub. Smoke at 225-300 til IT 165.

Reactions: urbanfarmer
It all looked delicious! Just can't beat a nice day with great food and friends and relaxing with some cold ones! Great job!

Ryan

Man J the bark on pp looks wonderful ! I love all of the MC products. Great cook and I"m sure a good time was had by all ! Congrats

Birthday party for my neighbors so I wanted to sit around, drink beer and tend the smokers all day! First time with my Bradley, Masterbuilt 7-1 and new to me Weber kettle rolling. Started about 6:30 AM.

Phase One: Beef Short Ribs with Holy Cow over hickory, racked in pan with broth uncovered til probe tender around 203. Not as much pull back. Would take a bit higher next time. Probed good though.
View attachment 492684
View attachment 492685
View attachment 492686
View attachment 492687View attachment 492688

Phase Two: 2- Pork Butts rubbed in Honey Hog
BBQ and cooked to 200 ish. Saved for next day. Left uncovered. One on hickory electric; other hickory charcoal with cherry and bourbon soaked cherry. Great bark and smoke flavor.
View attachment 492691
View attachment 492692View attachment 492693View attachment 492694View attachment 492695

Thick cut smoked chops for friend in Honey Hog BBQ
View attachment 492697

Phase Three: Armadillo Eggs- jalepeno, onion, cream cheese, smoked cheddar and shrimp wrapped in homemade hot italian sausage and some in venison breakfast sausage in homemade bacon wrapped Jalepeno poppers- same stuff Pig shots- first time- Kielbasa, smoked cheddar, bacon and some seasoning
View attachment 492699

View attachment 492700

Cooked 5#'s specialty brats from local and a few pounds marinated chicken on the Weber Kettle. Enjoyed sitting around and tending. Still learning the Masterbuilt and Kettle for sure.

The salvaged Weber is looking good.
View attachment 492702

View attachment 492703
View attachment 492704

Beautiful with smokers, brews, neighbors and some tasty food! Thanks for looking!
Awesome cook. Love the Meat Church products as well.

• Love
Armadillo Eggs: halved and cored jalepeno; cream cheese softened and rub tossed with smoked cheddar, raw shrimp and filled; onion slice; basically make a meatball around it with sausage; wrapped in bacon slices; cover in rub. Smoke at 225-300 til IT 165.

Thanks for the recipe jmusser I will definitely be trying these on the next family get together. I see you said you use hot Italian or breakfast sausage and I suppose any type would do but I was wondering if you use the same rub for both and the same ratio of ingredients for both? I wonder if I could get maple breakfast sausages to work in this recipe ( just finished boiling down my sap and got about 3 gallons of maple syrup and about 2 pounds of maple sugar).

Oh yeah Jarod, that's all good stuff. I just love that Holy Cow on beef. One of my fav's.
There's nothing in those photos I wouldn't eat until I made myself sick :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Man, you're a machine!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky