Weekend in one day meal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Alexandria, VA
I’ve had to start working Saturdays too for August and they aren’t short days. So, I’m having to cram family time and any grilling/smoking into Sunday. Which makes it anything but a day of rest. But, I caught some bone in choice NY Strip on a great sale that looked good and decided at the end of a busy Sunday to do the Traeger, because that’s a big reason to have a pellet pooper🤣

The kids wanted to help, so my oldest, who likes fire, wanted to help with the getting the smoke augment or going.
59E33E2C-52A2-4B67-ADB1-3DEF3CCED127.jpeg

Meat Salted 3 hrs out and on at 275 with some hickory help from the tube.
86E68164-6C97-42C2-9736-0F1BC4B0EC71.jpeg

Pulled at 127ish IT for a decent rest, then into the pan for a sear. Didn’t break out CI though.
CD5FAECD-35EA-4F15-8169-344D8540D441.jpeg

While they rested finished up some mashed potatoes from scratch, then a shiitake mushroom sauce.
A849069A-9082-47AB-B859-D7D0B414E08E.jpeg
EEC048D9-C131-4A06-BE47-365A9579DA95.jpeg

As sauce was finishing up reduction sliced up the steaks. Looked pretty good!
1CD3A3B7-B94A-458C-8DDA-85E416B151BE.jpeg

The boy isn’t ready for fire yet, but he likes to stir! No burns yet💪
6BAFE741-0510-4100-B32D-27530421CCED.jpeg

Then plated for a decent meal, followed by a few books for the kids and we were all in bed and asleep by 2130 with full bellies!
9804C961-BE17-4BE4-8380-AA5C91EB2BAD.jpeg

Thank you for your time!

Working on Saturday is a bummer but looks like a great Sunday funday with the family!
Love getting the kids involved and everything looks great Jed !

Keith

Reactions: bauchjw
Yep, weekend working stinks! But great looking meal and awesome little helpers you have! But I think your son has it figured out...knows just how to hold his head!

Ryan

Cooked to perfection Jed, must have been a piece of cake with all that top notch assistance! RAY

Jed, my friend… sorry for the busy schedule! But looks like ya make the fam time count with some top notch help and great looking Q! Nice cook from you all! 👊🏼👍🏼

That is an awesome dinner. Crazy we did bone in NY and shrooms over the weekend to.....there must be a special on them!

Those some great pictures with the kids. Meal looks really good. I just threw couple torch tips away. Dont seem to work long. I bought a different type this time.

What a great dinner Jed. Steaks are gorgeous and perfectly cooked but you got me with the mushroom sauce. Man that sounds fantastic. Also, I love seeing you get the kids involved. That's just awesome my friend.

Robert

Great looking meal. And that mushroom sauce...WOW! Good looking youngsters you got there. love seeing them take interest in cooking.
Jim

I love meat cooked on fire because it tastes different. Every month we get together with friends for a barbecue, cook a lot of meat, and drink beer. I look forward to our next gathering. I don't usually cook meat as I don't know how to do it right. But my friends are real pros at it. Moreover, I don't even cook daily since I signed up for a meal delivery service. I was able to find a company after reading the information here www.moneyunder30.com. Now I'm eating a lot better.

Last edited:
Nice looking meal Jed, I know all too well about weekend work. I have to work every other weekend.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky