Weekend campfire cooks.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
We camped this weekend and as usual cooked over a open fire. Friday when we go there my wife made crockpot meatballs for sammies. No pic of that cause no one wants to see that. They were very good thou.
Saturday night we had bacon cheese burgers.
First have to cook the bacon.

20200523_182002.jpg

20200523_183126.jpg

Then the burgers
20200523_191059.jpg

And plated with waffle fries.

20200523_192548.jpg

Sunday was NY Strips.

20200524_174315.jpg

20200524_175315.jpg

20200524_182755.jpg

20200524_180929.jpg

Then a nice fire each night for smores.

20200523_212545.jpg

smokin peachey smokin peachey Gave me this grate as a birthday gift. I love it. Fully adjustable and heavy built.
I pics dont look as good as others. I use my cell phone and not a expensive camera. I dont take 20 pics to get the best one. I dont stage pics. Just the way I am. Anyway, thanks for looking at my pic heavy thread.

Last edited:
Looks first rate and very heavy. Outstanding job. Bet you guys had dreams of that bacon that night. Those steaks are Certified A 1, done up right. What a beautiful weekend for a wonderful outdoor meal. The mushroom on top of the steak looks to be cooked perfect as well. Nice job on the asparagus also

Looks great! You had some tasty looking meals over the fire too. Maybe a little nicer weather too, rained here every day. Your pics look good to me...all I use is my phone and hit the button and try not to get my feet in the pics!

Ryan

Reactions: pc farmer
Looks great! You had some tasty looking meals over the fire too. Maybe a little nicer weather too, rained here every day. Your pics look good to me...all I use is my phone and hit the button and try not to get my feet in the pics!

Ryan
Yeah we don’t wanna see Farmers flip flops!

Looking great farmer! Hope you had a fantastic weekend! Everything looks like it was cooked perfectly and the weather looks great.... And Crockpot meatballs are delicious!

What an awesome weekend . Fantastic food , great work . Thanks for posting .

Looks like you had some mighty fine eats while camping. I’m really going to have to do some open fire cooking.

Looks awesome pc! Nothing like good meals over a fire. All of yours look fantastic! And yes you have to have the Smores each night...im not a sweets guy but something just doesnt seem right if you dont do the Smores !

Love it PC!!!!

between you and Ryan, Im getting the urge to cook over an open fire!!!!!

Looks first rate and very heavy. Outstanding job. Bet you guys had dreams of that bacon that night. Those steaks are Certified A 1, done up right. What a beautiful weekend for a wonderful outdoor meal. The mushroom on top of the steak looks to be cooked perfect as well. Nice job on the asparagus also

Thanks sir

Looks great Farmer. Glad you like the grate they are awesome and can be used on any fire pit. Definitely better then some of these cheap models I’ve seen.
Thanks Peachey. We use it at home over a tractor rim.
Thanks peachey I use it over a tractor rim at home.

Ryan
It rained Friday then great the rest of the weekend.

Looking great farmer! Hope you had a fantastic weekend! Everything looks like it was cooked perfectly and the weather looks great.... And Crockpot meatballs are delicious!

Thanks
What an awesome weekend . Fantastic food , great work . Thanks for posting .
Thank you Chop

Looks like you had some mighty fine eats while camping. I’m really going to have to do some open fire cooking.
Everything looks good farmer!
And everyone wants to know...were you wearing flip-flops?
Work boots is all I wear.

Looks awesome pc! Nothing like good meals over a fire. All of yours look fantastic! And yes you have to have the Smores each night...im not a sweets guy but something just doesnt seem right if you dont do the Smores !
Thanks. I didn't have smores, the wife and son did thou

Love it PC!!!!

between you and Ryan, Im getting the urge to cook over an open fire!!!!!
This the cheapest cooker you can buy.

Cannot beat a meal cooked over a fire especially the meals you turned out there.
Thanks

Damn. Looks great! Thanks for the invite.

Was I near you?

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Thanks peachey I use it over a tractor rim at home.

It rained Friday then great the rest of the weekend.

Thanks

Thank you Chop

Work boots is all I wear.

Thanks. I didn't have smores, the wife and son did thou

This the cheapest cooker you can buy.

Thanks

Was I near you?

I believe so. Or at least closer to me than Centre.

Great looking meals there farmer. It's great relaxing and having the time to do this when camping. Only way I cooked for years until I got into smoking meats.

Warren

Reactions: pc farmer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky