Weekend Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OneTwoThreeC

Original poster
Aug 12, 2022
Oregon
Was going to post this Saturday, but my small backyard bbq went from 7-8 people to 40'ish real quick... Needless to say I didn't have much time for myself!

17.5 pound Prime before trimming, roughly 14 pounds after. Tried out the Hardcore Carnivore Black seasoning for the first time (I'm definitely a fan now). Got it on the smoker around 1:30 am Saturday morning, came off at 2:30 am @ 203 degrees. Didn't have time to take pictures post-slicing (same reason as above!) but it was one of my best yet in my opinion, and I'm always my worst critic. Great bark, super moist and tender, great flavor...

On a side note, the party didn't wind down until almost 2:00 am Saturday night / Sunday Morning, I am now on day two of this ridiculous hangover. It'll be a while before I do that again!

--Chad

Attachments

• IMG_1964.jpg
    IMG_1964.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1965.jpg
    IMG_1965.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 23
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky