Weekend backyard BBQ competition - Good day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
2019 res ridez bbq.jpg

Good day at the backyard BBQ competition...

I was so beat that I got no pics other than this. I wish I had at least took pics of my turn in boxes.. :(

Congratulations JC. You done did good.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: JC in GB
Congratulations! Did you use your PID?

Yes I did and I also got my solar panel and charge controller running for this cook. Worked like a charm.

I will be posting some pics in a day or two of the completed controller and power station.

Yeah, it is easy to overcook the ribs. I know that from first hand experience.

My issue with the ribs were that the contest supplied the meat and advertised that they were pork spare ribs but when I got the meat package, it was baby backs. I haven't cooked baby backs in years. Oh well, I guess I just need to do some practice on baby back ribs... A labor of love I would imagine. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky