Wednesday Night Lamb Chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Nothing too special here. Found a steal on lamb chops on manager clearance. These were $3.77 a package so I bought all three they had left.

Started off with a new craft brew I found at the liquor store. Different but actually really good.
upload_2019-6-6_15-40-9.jpeg

Back to the chops. Coated with EVOO cracked pepper garlic powder a little sea salt and some rosemary.
upload_2019-6-6_15-41-18.jpeg

No time for a smoke otherwise a reverse sear would have been in order. Got these on the grill with a pan of squash and zucchini on the other side. And since I can’t drink $12 6 packs all the time back to the cheap stuff
upload_2019-6-6_15-43-7.jpeg

Finished up
upload_2019-6-6_15-43-35.jpeg

Did a tomato cucumber feta salad, squash zucchini, and garlic mashed potatoes. Plus one leftover hush puppy.
upload_2019-6-6_15-45-55.jpeg

Look at the color on that meat. These things were amazing. I would highly recommend trying them if you haven’t. Thanks for looking

Looks Great !!
I'm betting I'd love them, but I never made any.
I'm not likely to either, because Mrs Bear won't eat Lamb.
Nice Job, John!!
Like.

Bear

I cant believe you have never had lamb! Tell the Mrs. to pick you up a pack at the store if you can ever find it on sale and cook it like you would a nice steak. If she will hook you up with seafood surely you can work some magic to get a few loin chops! You will be in for a treat!

We love lamb. To bad it's so expensive. Your lamb and meal looks great

Thank you for the kind words. Yeah if I hadn't of found these on clearance I wouldn't have bought them. I think the normal price was $12.99 a package and I got these for $3.77

Great looking meal! Good job on this!
And, interesting craft beer!

Thanks! Yeah the beer was interesting but good. Sour ales are starting to gain some steam up here. Getting a lot more stuff brought in from the bigger breweries in Georgia

Fabulous looking chops Vol, and I'm glad you regained your senses and went back to the cheap beer. That yuppie stuff is just to much money.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Fabulous looking chops Vol, and I'm glad you regained your senses and went back to the cheap beer. That yuppie stuff is just to much money.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks for the like Chris. Cant say I would turn down a good glass of bourbon or a different beer but always end up back with the cheap stuff haha

Looks like I missed this post John. Looks great. The spices are flavors I love with lamb and pairing with the tomato feta salad and squash is classic. Love it.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Looks like I missed this post John. Looks great. The spices are flavors I love with lamb and pairing with the tomato feta salad and squash is classic. Love it.

Thanks Jeff! All this lamb talk has me wanting to get some going this weekend. Maybe score a sale on a leg for Christmas.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky