Weber Kettle Rotissory

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigsteve

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
South West Florida
Does anyone here have the Rotissory for the Weber 22 1/2 kettle? It seems pretty over-priced. But then if it works great, it would be worth it.

Wondering how Chicken cooked on it compares to Beer butt chicken, and how roasts might compare to a slow cooked roast on my smoker. Some years back, I had a rotissory for an old gas grill I used to have. But I never compared it to beer butt chicken or a smoked roast.

Been searching Craigslist for a long time, and can't find one.

Thanks for any input.

I have one of the Weber rotisserie units and have used it for wings numerous times and for a couple of whole birds. It is a nice addition to the arsenal. Rumor has it that Weber has discontinued making them so it may be hard to find. There is another mfg. making one similar but the ring is stainless I believe. Here is a link to one: www.ezqueinc.com
If you are the tinkering type, you could take a 6" or 8" wide strip of metal, roll it up and bolt it together, drill a hole and cut a slot for the spit, assuming you still have the old motor and spit, and you are good to go.
I have never compared beer can chicken to a rotissed one, nor have I done a roast on it as yet. In the plans though.

I have a rotisserie from an old gas grill that is more than long enough. I had thought about just making my own. Problem is, my brain can plan out projects beautifully, but by the time my hands are done with things it looks as if Clark Grisswold built whatever the project was.

how about a few pix of someone elses build? these are not mine but ones i found along the way

230_100_1309_2.jpg

230_100_1315_2.jpg

99_IMG_5298_1.jpg

99_IMG_5262_1.jpg

99_IMG_5264_1.jpg

99_IMG_5270_1.jpg

FWIW, the 8" basket model has been out-of-stock for some time. I have it back to at least Christmas. I even called them since they didn't respond to my e-mail and was told the unit is out to bid. That was some time ago.

I had done lots of research for a rotisserie for my kettle and finally decided on the 8" baskets from ezque. Alas, it doesn't appear like it will ever happen.

I remember when you posted the link to the Blue kettle mods. I have that link. Do you have a link to the description about the Black kettle on top?

I found all my old rotiss parts tonight, and am going to Lowes tomorrow to get some sheet metal. It ain't rocket science, but if the guys who did the top kettle have some tips, I'd like to read them.

FYI, Amazon dropped their price from $149.00 to $134.99 today for the Weber, shipping is free, no sales tax. TOO good to pass up. Mines' on the way.

I'd do that. But I already have the rotisserie parts, the motor and prongs etc. The ONLY thing I'd need would be the 22.5" steel cylinder and the motor bracket - but no one's willing to sell it separately. So one day I will build it myself.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky