Weber Jumbo Joe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Johnny Ray

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Western, KY
Hello All,
I use to have a PK Grill that I really liked for reverse searing steaks, burgers, dogs and such. For some unknown reason I decided to sell it (not too smart at times).
I have really missed been able to “easily” reserve sear a good steak.
After seeing all of the great post here about Weber Kettles I decided this was the direction to go. With limited space and many other cookers already in my possession I decided to go with the Jumbo Joe verses the original Weber Kettle. I only cook for my wife and myself now so it is plenty big and perfect for taking with me when camping.
Tomorrow two nice thick reversed seared filets are on the menu.
B5BBC83A-0001-4C18-A45F-7D6B9D172B82.jpeg

I’ll update tomorrow (if my steaks turn out ok). :emoji_grinning:
Take care,
Johnny Ray

I 've been watching the Weber JJ . Let us know how it cooks. I have two of the little S. Joe and one has the tamale pot mod.

View attachment 487078
I really like the design. Bracket to lock the lid on for travel and a lid holder when checking on your cook. Nice little kettle for the money.
I’ll keep you update as to how it’s cooks.
JR

Awaiting your comments. I've been looking at the 18" for some time.
I don't know if it would work for me. Wife and I frequently have mixed grill meals that require most of the 22" kettle grate.
Walmart has a 22" Jumbo Joe.

Awaiting your comments. I've been looking at the 18" for some time.
I don't know if it would work for me. Wife and I frequently have mixed grill meals that require most of the 22" kettle grate.
Walmart has a 22" Jumbo Joe.
I to looked at and researched Weber kettles for a while before deciding on this one. I really like the compact size to grilling surface ratio. Those were the deciding factors for me.
I have a Rec Teq Bullseye pellet grill and gets used a lot. But nothing beats a reversed seared steak over charcoal in my opinion.
JR

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky