Weber is introducting a stand alone Griddle.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They showed an image where they were cooking eggs in the corners to demonstrate that it had even cooking edge to edge. I like the corners on the Blackstone. I take advantage of the cool spots if I need them. I'm a huge Weber fan, though and if it comes times to replaced my Blackstone I'll probably go the Weber route.

Reactions: Steve H and chopsaw
, especially when Wally world closes out for the end of season.
I bought my ( older ) 28" for $99.00 .
what is the lumans electric?
It looks like they've released a new line with the SmokeFire sear station setup
Then some solid griddle options that fit their gas grills
Then this Lumins electric stand alone grill . It looks interesting . Can be setup a couple different ways .
I've been using my Ninja 6+1 for grilling hot dogs and wings , does a great job .
That's what makes me think this would do a good job .

I bought my ( older ) 28" for $99.00 .

It looks like they've released a new line with the SmokeFire sear station setup
Then some solid griddle options that fit their gas grills
Then this Lumins electric stand alone grill . It looks interesting . Can be setup a couple different ways .
I've been using my Ninja 6+1 for grilling hot dogs and wings , does a great job .
That's what makes me think this would do a good job .
The Lumen looks expensive at $500+ I also use the Ninja, even did a few ribeys that came out great. I did not see the smokefire with sear station on their site.

Reactions: chopsaw
I'll add one more thing to this discussion. I'm not here to bash Weber, but a lot of products coming out these days just aren't worth the cost. We've become the beta testers, and pay the price for it. I remember when the Smokefire first came out, and I really wanted to pull the trigger on it. When the real reviews started coming out, I passed. I also think Weber is using their name to charge a LOT of money for certain things, especially accessories.

Don't keep up on Weber products outside of the kettles.
I'll add one more thing to this discussion. I'm not here to bash Weber, but a lot of products coming out these days just aren't worth the cost. We've become the beta testers, and pay the price for it. I remember when the Smokefire first came out, and I really wanted to pull the trigger on it. When the real reviews started coming out, I passed. I also think Weber is using their name to charge a LOT of money for certain things, especially accessories.
Weber has been in the gas and griddle business for a long time.
Surprised Weber or Camp Chef didn't beat Blackstone to the griddle line.

Smokefire was a new platform for Weber and they tried to innovate.

I agree the accessories are priced outrageous. A lot of companies do the same.

The timing was perfect for me. My wife had been wanting to get me a 28” Blackstone for a birthday present and I was on the fence. I am a big Weber fan, so after speaking with their customer service (a real person!), I had enough information to buy it. I will update the group when I get it. Thanks for the heads up on the Weber griddle HowlingDog!

Thanks for the heads up on the Weber griddle HowlingDog!
Glad it worked out for ya. You gotta do a full unboxing through first cook review!!!

Enjoy.

Reactions: chp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky