Webbered up some turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Everything looks amazing but WOW those biscuits look incredible! Mind sharing the recipe? I usually do a couple book folds with biscuit dough but have never gotten layers that impressive.
I've been using America's Test kitchen "Ultimate Flaky Buttermilk Biscuit" recipe. Its pretty similar to other recipes that I have used in the past. Grated butter and chilled bowls and surfaces seem to help. I also use powdered buttermilk. We started using powdered milk products when baking a few years ago with great results. Add the powder required for how ever many cups of liquid to the dry ingredients. Then add water instead of liquid milk.
The recipe is lots of folding and rolling Roll out fold in thirds, turn 1/4 roll out, repeat 5-6 times. You can feel the dough really tighten up and it won't roll easily. I don't do the trim to even out the edges. Occasionally I will cut rounds but usually squares and usually six not nine.

Never let a good carcass go to waste.
That's right got 12 cups of liquid gold! Will freeze into 1 cup blocks and pack for later.

We use these Souper Cube silicone molds. Then I pack into 2 gallon silicone zipper bags or vac pack if its something I wont use quickly. Poultry stock doesn't last long. We use it for lots of other food prep.

50646539521_5e4cc97fa7_c.jpg

50646537941_425c4ef793_c.jpg

50646627447_3016a7c55c_c.jpg

50646535811_6e5cbc8aef_c.jpg

Heck yeah!
Smoked turkey can’t be beat...looks great!
Looks mighty good Case!!
Al
Great looking meal there. Looks like you nailed it!

Thank you All! We like to have turkey every couple of months. We don't always go full tilt with all the sides but we figured what the heck. Glad we did. Chomping on a stuffin muffin right now, they are tasty for breakfast too!

Good looking breast! Like!
We make turkey often. It is a cheap and delicious meal.
Thank you. We'd like to make it more often but it seems that we can only get turkey here during the few holidays that turkey is popular. So we buy as many as the freezer will fit at the time. This year 6 4 bone prime rib roasts took precedence and are hogging up some freezer real estate!

Beautifully plated meal! Turkey dinner is welcomed anytime of the year @ my Haus! There is nothing like good homemade stock! Have you ever made stock using a pressure cooker? I find the stock has a little deeper flavor and color in the PC than surface cooking. Of course, it could be I'm just lazy and don't want to watch a pot?! 🍻

Beautifully plated meal! Turkey dinner is welcomed anytime of the year @ my Haus! There is nothing like good homemade stock! Have you ever made stock using a pressure cooker? I find the stock has a little deeper flavor and color in the PC than surface cooking. Of course, it could be I'm just lazy and don't want to watch a pot?! 🍻
Thank you!
Yes I have made stock in the pressure cooker in a pinch. I prefer to let it simmer all day or more. Sometimes I’ll take it down to a super stock, but for the most part I just simmer until a inch or two has gone down. We use it a lot so I keep it prettt basic and adjust the flavoring worth the dish I’m cooking.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Hell of a fine job on the bird and trimmings. Well done. I smoked an 18lber Superbowl Sunday and made soup also. My day did not go as smooth though. I checked at 160F and made a trip to the store for game beverages. When I got back, I found the plug in for my burner melted, the bird down to 150F, so Into the oven to finish. Still made it for sandwiches for halftime. You went the extra mile for your dinner, congrats on the carosel.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky