We Lost a Member, I Lost a Friend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

willkat98

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 11, 2005
Gonna try and contact Earl to make this a sticky here, at least for a few weeks.

Scott in KC, also known as KCquer on other forums, died yesterday of an apparent heart attack at 41 years old.

He was OTBS number 19, I believe, but more importantly, he was my friend. I have known Scott for years, gotten together with him at annual shin digs, spoken with him often, and emailed and PM'd more than weekly.

He was a true friend.

He was a friend of mine, nmayeux, Trout, and Iceman, not to mention jminion, other Smoking Meats users. Jeff in FL may also have known him for a spell.

As you ever look back on Scott in KC's posts here, you ask a question, he gives you a book of answers. I feel he was a brother of mine, that is for sure.

I'm not sure exactly how close any of you had become to Scott. Unfortunately for you, he only joined in the recent past. But for those of you that might want to know, I have the following:

There will not be a viewing of the body as the family has chosen cremation. Visitation will be Friday morning at 10:00AM, with the service following at 11:00AM. Burial will follow the service. Donations are suggested to the Wolfner Library for the Blind, under the direction of the funeral home.
You may contact the funeral home here:

Wilson and Son Funeral Home AKA Runyan Funeral Home
(816) 657-4400
136 E Main St
Drexel, MO 64742

I will miss you Scott. I have enjoyed the last 3 or 4 years that I have called you my friend.

You will be missed.

I've seen Scott on a couple of forums including the Brethern. I'm greatly saddened by our loss.

We have all lost a friend.

Yes Bob, thre Brethren, and the Fast Eddie Cookshack forum, shares in the SMF loss.

One of Scotts most recent passions, was experimenting with pizza. Both grilling and regular cooking.

He has posted plenty here on his pizza adventures.

In his honor, I'm now gonna try to make some of his creations, something I never would have done on my own.

I enjoyed Scotts posts and his efforts to help us all. I will miss his presence here.

God, rest his soul!

Scott was a great guy, and a truely sincere person. I will miss his posts and his friendship, and although I only knew him through this medium, I already miss him terribly. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

I don't completely understand the turmoil of emotions that I am going through right now. It took nearly three hours for the tears to settle enough for me to fall asleep last night and already this morning I am needing more tissue. I probably look like a fool to those around me. Who knew losing a distant friend would be so tough.

I am saddened by the loss of a brother smoker. Rest in Peace Scott and God Bless.

Joe

Out of our respect for Scott we should retire his number.

I agree that Scott's number should be retired Joe. I have been going back and rereading some of Scott's post's, especially his post's on Pizza. He was very unique in his style of posting in that he seemed to almost paint a picture with his explanations. He will most certainly be missed.

I'm saddened to hear of the loss of Scott. I recall well several of his posts. He seemed like a truly fine person and a seasoned smoker. I'm sure we will all miss him. God bless his family.

He was a founding member of another site, not this one.

He could have easily been a founding member here, he just found the other place first.

If any SMF member wants to see a site that was set up in his Eulogy, please PM me.

I won't post the link directly, for that might go against the posting rules of this great group of friends of Scotts.

I know he has certainly contributed to the "pellet pooper" posts here.

I miss him already

Thanks guys & gals

My most sincere condolences go out to Brother Scott's family and friends for this tragic and untimely loss. I know I will miss his wealth of knowledge that he so freely shared with with us all.

God speed my friend, you'll be missed but you'll still be with us in our hearts.

Bill, I've placed this post as an Announcement for 10 days.-God Bless!

:cry: Scott's passing is truly a great loss. Though I'd never met the man personally, he was one of my favorite mentors during my formative years in this great passion that we all share. Always willing to share his knowledge and experience, Scott has written veritable volumes of information in his posts and PM's. I am honored to have made his acquaintance.

Godspeed, my friend...Your family shall remain in my prayers.

Most sincerely,

Brian D. Johnson

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky