We are back from a great road trip - pics just added

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
We left Tuesday and drove the 5 hours to Phoenix and had a great evening with ChefRob and his great family - the dog liked me so much that all the hair is gone from one leg where she was licking me - guess I am lucky she did not like the taste enough to take the first bite LOL These are good people and this is my second visit - Rob you need to take a road trip my firend Thanks again

Wensday we went to the most amazing museum called the MIM (Musical Instrument Museum) There are over 10K instruments on display and they are set up with 42" Monitors and audio at each display. We spent over 4 hours and did not do this place justice at all. It just opened in April and they are adding to it daily.   The place has everything from a walnut carved out to be a whistle to an 8' tall bass that is amazing - The exibits are set up by continent and countries and each one has multilple displays. The audio is incredible - you walk up to the display and the video and the audio start for that display with no action required on your part.

We spent some time in Scottsdale then drove up to Flagstaff

Thursday we spent all day in the Grand Canyon - I have been there several times but this was Kathy's first time and what a beautiful day we landed on -

Drove back home and stopped in Victorville to have lunch with my daughter and 3 of the 9 grandkids - what a great trip -

Will post up some pics tomorrow - too dang tired to do it right now

Sounds like you had a great time. Cant wait to see the pictures.

Great to know you had a safe trip, and that you both enjoyed traveling.I'll be looking forward to He pics. It's all good my friend.

Sounds like a great time! Can't wait to see the pics.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Here are some pics of the trip

We are starting with the amazing Musical Instrument Museum - over 10,000 instruments on display from all over the world

b3996dbc_Pics009.jpg

73ae2ecc_Pics010.jpg

9e554a94_Pics013.jpg

29a6e68f_Pics014.jpg

0dcf19bf_Pics015.jpg

e681fef5_Pics016.jpg

f9f051a9_Pics017.jpg

d72ca9e7_Pics025.jpg

769abdca_Pics026.jpg

Here are some of the Grand Canyon

d375b220_Pics027.jpg

960c1bc2_Pics029.jpg

99dfd43b_Pics031.jpg

401f1fe6_Pics037.jpg

Here are some of a new Springhill Suites in Kingman AZ - this place was really strangely decorated

42339921_Pics041.jpg

aeea11bc_Pics042.jpg

This pool was kind of cool with the waterfall from the ceiling into the pool

ae0224b0_Pics044.jpg

Thanks for looking

Glad you had a great time.  I was expecting to hear about the great meal ChefRob prepared for you!  That museum looks like something my wife would hate and I could spend all day there.  Hopefully the fine folks in AZ were much nicer to you than they were to the Hawkeye fans that were there last weekend for the game.

I'm ashamed for them

Glad you had a great time.  I was expecting to hear about the great meal ChefRob prepared for you!  That museum looks like something my wife would hate and I could spend all day there.  Hopefully the fine folks in AZ were much nicer to you than they were to the Hawkeye fans that were there last weekend for the game.

I'm ashamed for them

Dont know about the football thing but Rob treated us real nice - We had some great buns with pulled pork and some smoked wings then deep fried - could not finish it all
Great pics Scar!

Did your daughter enjoy the trip too?
Daugther did not go - we do this stuff by ourselves - we take them on other ventures

This was strictly me and Mrs Scar

Great looking trip! I would have loved the musical masterpiece museum. Don't touch WHACK..... Please Sir don't touch.....SECURITY>>>>>
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Daugther did not go - we do this stuff by ourselves - we take them on other ventures

This was strictly me and Mrs Scar
I was talking about the young lady in the pictures.

Those are all great pictures, Gary, although I didn't see even one of the motor home?.
biggrin.gif

Gary,

Thanks for sharing those great pics. I would have gone nuts looking at all those instruments, quite the eyefull. Glad you both enjoyed the trip. It's all good my friend.

Great looking trip! I would have loved the musical masterpiece museum. Don't touch WHACK..... Please Sir don't touch.....SECURITY>>>>>
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
I was talking to the lady who is the head of security since that is what I used to sell and she is kinda a little squeemish as NOTHING is screwed or bolted down so as not to damage the instrument. They have a ton of cameras and microphones and she told me they have to go slap someone hand several times a day. The lady who is stationed on the main exhibit floor told me she walks an average of 9 miles daily to maintain a high security presence

good to see ya got home and had a good trip gary! dude, those people could't even spell edjumakashun.

I'm ashamed for them

Dude

I totally missed the video - what a bunch of morons - I am surprised that no one called security

I would not be surprised if some one gets their tickets taken away and banned from the stadium

Last edited:
Aloha Gary,

Glad to hear/see that you both had a great time.  I will need to see the Grand Canyon myself soon. 

Glad you had a great time Gary,  The pics are awesome...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky