Water canning cooked meat.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kitchenbro

Original poster
Jun 24, 2022
So i'm fairly new to canning, having only done pickles but i want to can baked beans that have cooked bacon in them. I'm just wondering that if i get the PH level to 4.6 (the recipe has vinegar) would it be safe to water can or do i still need to get a pressure canner.

yeah was hoping to not have to buy one but it is what it is
Pressure canner for safety sake. They do have some nice electric ones out now. Just make sure it’s a canner & not just a cooker. I’m sure you with find other things to pressure can once you get started.

Pressure canner.
Cowboy canning works for lots of folks and has for years. Acidification of beans, pre curing meat and using a water bath or steam canner. My mom did it, my grandmother and her mother did it this way, type stuff. Sure it can be done and you will live, until you don’t. Use a pressure canner.

• Haha
Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky