watch what you buy at Sams

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am sure Members Mark doesn't kill their own chickens so don't be surprised to see that brand coming out of a Tyson box.  If I remember there are only 2 or 3 companies that raise and butcher chickens in the US.  I am sure low bid will get the contract.  I looked yesterday and noticed the same thing.  The amount of free water in the packaging was obvious.

Al

I am sure Members Mark doesn't kill their own chickens so don't be surprised to see that brand coming out of a Tyson box.  If I remember there are only 2 or 3 companies that raise and butcher chickens in the US.  I am sure low bid will get the contract.  I looked yesterday and noticed the same thing.  The amount of free water in the packaging was obvious.

Al
what he said!!!

I have had friends tell me about the poor quality of Walmart meats. One friend told me that his chicken wings were moldy. No matter how poor I am, I refuse to shop at walmart. I have done so in the past and if it is not Chinese its crap. Also the whole 4 food wide customers and their 12 children in tow is enough to turn any one off to shopping there. I certainly dont make a whole lot of money. I live hand to mouth, but I will not shop walmart. It is cheap prices for a reason and they are a hell of a profitable business. go figure.

I'm posting this against my better judgement, but are you a complete idiot?

Do people not realize that a huge percentage of what WM and Sams sell are the exact same items as other stores?

And fat people only shop at WM?

AT&T is profitable.  Is that because fat people are too lazy to switch to Sprint??

Last edited:
Reactions: c2s
I shop regularly at Sams Club and have been doing so for over 10 years, and to date have never had a bad piece of meat.

As far as the weight thing goes, I will check some of my next purchases.

I have gotten bad meat from Pathmark and Acme and I h=know for a fact that Pathmark changes the dates on some of their products.

thelorax31, a little word of advice, I think you should edit your post before all hell breaks loose.

maybe i can help you guys out.

I am from East Texas a.k.a. "Chicken Country" Lots of my family/friends have chicken houses, broiler houses, laying houses etc. I can tell you the two biggest providers of chicken are:

Pilgrims Farm -Bo Pilgrim (very rich very money savy guy) and Tyson. The reason Sams will buy from Tyson is because not only will they buy in Bulk from this company but they will PRE-ORDER in bulk. What that means is Sams can get a better price than say a smaller butchers market or smaller grocery store. When you have the money, need, and power to PRE-ORDER a certain amount of chicken say 1 year in advance on a 5 year contract or however long they decide from a multi-million dollar corporation you get a better deal than everyone else...Are you starting to see the problem with Ordering hundreds of thousands of pounds of chicken shipped nation wide for wholesale? I can only imagine dozens of scenarios that could happen from farm to your plate. Does Tyson throw in some of the (almost miscuts) do they throw in older chicken how long has it been frozen...etc Ths is why i like to buy from SMALLER grocery stores or butcher shops. Not saying Tyson doesent put out quality chicken...but your better off buying it directly from the Tyson factory... slightly more but fresher nonetheless. I like to also buy from slaughterhouses (as long as you can trust them) On a related note I have had very good luck with buying inside round or regular eye of round roast for jerky at Sams...BTW they will negotiate on the price!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky