Walmart Not That Bad After All?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What Is Your Experince With Walmart?

• Great Customer Service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only Average

• Terrible

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
My cheapo remote went out last night about 16 dollars from Walmart. I have had it for at least 8 months I am guessing, no idea.

I took it back with no reciept and while standing in line I read the dreaded sign about returns. 90 days for exchanges bla bla with reciept.

I finally got up there with the new model and because I didn't have the receipt she couldn't do any thing with a manager's approval.

Long story short, 20 - 30 minutes later I walked out with a new one.

What is your experience with Wal Mart? Share your thoughts.

I've had 'fine' results with customer service, I gave them an average mostly because as a competitor I don't like the way they do business, using their size to sell below cost just to drive competitors out of the markets. Also they use to crow about "everything made in the USA" and now'a days you have to look long and hard to find anything made in the USA sold in Walmart.

Sam Walton would turn over in his grave to see what, and the way they do business now. I have dealt with Walmart in the past as a vendor, and as a customer.

At times they are good, others not so good. Service where it counts has gone out the window, but then again that has happened at the big box stores too.

I gave them an average to be fair, but sure would love to see them return to the old Sam days.

Sell below wholesale to drive out local competition, then watch the prices without competition... hmmmmmmm
Matt

I know lots of people don't care for Walmart and lots of people couldn't care one way or the other, but for all intensive purposes they are handy to have around. Especially if you have a good Super Walmart near by and they are open 24 hours then how can you beat that?
Around where I live many things that have to do with smoking are rather limited due to the low amount of people here who actually smoke. Walmart has wood chips, chunks, meat and smokers. Planning on getting an SnP soon and I will have to go to Walmart because neither Lowes or Home Depot carry them. They have other smokers but I am going to go with the SnP and Walmart is the only place that carries them.
Normally I go to Lowes for all my home purchasing needs, but there are just some things that they don't carry and Walmart is usually a sure bet.

Wall Mart is the bomb!!!! with the economy these day's and 5 mouths to feed it comes in handy. We can easily drop $200 in the blink of an eye. If you catch the sales and r a coupon clipper like my wife you can walk away with enough supply's for a while.

I never really had to put up with customer service yet but i'll let ya know when i do, for sure.

Service is a slidin down hill, cashiers could really care less ifin yer there er not, oh, time fer my break!

BBQ section at ours used ta be really good, Walgreens carries more stuff now. Notice they have a product fer 6 weeks then its gone.

Ours got a new meat manager, she ain't nothin but a button pusher. Whatever the warehouse sends me is what I have! Really? The old meat manager would work with ya as best as he could, here tell he went ta work fer Fareway!

Do I hate walmart? No, but they ain't my favorite place, will buy at the other stores ifin I can, if it says made closer to America then China I buy it from the others!

Couple years ago they had a steal on certain lawn mower i wanted and found out they dont do rain checks.I showed up every day the trucks came in and in 1 month that lawn mower model was never shipped to store.I shop their when sales are good-would prefer something else but not many choices left anymore.New superstore opened they are o.k. but that wont last-from my experiences.

WALMART ROCKS
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Return with no receipt, bend over for every lawsuit thats comes their way. What else do you want? The meat dept. sucks because of the unions. At least I did not have to bail them out.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I think as far as stores go Wal Mart is just ok, its the closest to my home, and after driving about 800 miles a week commuting to and from work the last thing I want to do is drive much on the weekends. SO I go to a local SUuper Walmart.

What I have found:

Produce is usually average to bad, deli has very little selection, meat dept is terrible(luckily the farmers markets start soon, and I have a nearby Mexican market with good produce, I also am lucky to have an excellent small town family butcher close so I dont have to buy the Wal-Mart meat unless desperate).

Wal Mart, it is what it is.

Bottom line is this. IF YOU HAVE A RECEIPT THEY WILL MAKE IT GOOD! How can you beat that. Also a great place to get your R.O..
icon14.gif

beard

Usually been pretty good for me. Way better then the other local stores. Alot of the stores in my area that ended up closing most was their own fault. When you have to or just want to charge more for something you should make it up with better service. Why pay more for bad/nonexistent service.

My main thing which alot of store do is marking things up just before a sale to make it the sale seem even better.

Not to be all political...which means I'm about to go all political on you.
Do not shop at WalMart. As stated above they used to be proud to have everything in the store made in the the USA. Now they actually FORCE their vendors to move their operations to China if they want to sell their products in WalMart. As a vendor, of course, you have the option to not have your products sold in a WalMart. But as the nations biggest retailer who gobbles up competition, they almost have to in order to survive. WalMart has agreements with the Chineese goverment for all kinds of labor agreements, housing, shipping, taxes, etc. Remember this is a communist country. And that part is slightly irrelavent, what matters is that it's not made here, in America.

I'm a capitalist at heart. Which means I do believe that any person or company has the right to do what ever they want (legally) to icrease their sales and make more money. The problem has now become that WalMart has become so big and powerful they are able to direct the government on policy.

Back a few years ago there was a show on PBS' Frontline titled "Is Wal-Mart Good For America?" It's all about how powerful they've become. Please take the time and watch it. I found this link
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/

I totally understand people saying things like "I've got a family to feed, and they're cheaper". But that's how the whole problem started. They went cheap with everything. You could buy everything from clothing to appliances there cheaper than you could anywhere else. That's because it was built with cheap labor and parts overseas. Once Americans got a taste for cheap prices we stopped buying the more expensive US made versions of the same products. Which in turn has lead to plant closings, job losses, etc.

I know for many of you who live in rural areas, since WalMart has opened in your area, you have few options on where you can shop now.

Please, before you shop at Wal Mart again, take the time to watch this in it's entirety.

Then later we can have the discussion about unions and lazy Americans who in the past have felt like they were owed something.

Before the crapstorm hits. I'm a proud, conservitive, educated American

I voted average just to go in the middle. To break things down..

Prices: Good, that's the only thing that makes me suffer that place.
Customer service: The worst! Rude employees, IF you can even find one. I swear they all hide around corners when you need help. They even walk in front of ya when your cruising down an isle making you slam on the brakes with your cart. Next time I'm taking out an ankle lol
Other shoppers: What's up with some of the annoying goobs we run into in there lol. Cart on the left, looking at stuff on the right, 17 kids swarming the area like a bee hive. 'Excuse me.. excuse me, can we get past?'

ahhh that felt good to rant on that lol

Yes lol

Hey me and my wife call it Wally World too! also, 'Hellmart', sometimes we can hear satan laughing as we enter...
eek.gif
eek.gif

You, me, we , can't buy (MADE IN THE USA) cause hardly anything is made in the USA anymore. Is that Walmarts fault? Not really. The USA sould the USA out!

beard

Ron...
If your cheapo therm quit workin after 8 months your beef is with the company that made the P.O.S. not Walmart. Thats why they make the rules that are to stop folks from crappin all over them. Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky