Vortex Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cool. Just ordered a vortex yesterday to cook chicken after work In a hurry. Thanks for posting. Why the lid rotation? And do you keep the bottom vent open or partial closed?

I use the Vortex with top and bottom vents wide open FB, it's using the SnS where you want to shut them down. I rotate the lid so that during the cook everything gets a equal distribution of the heat. You will love the Vortex, takes the Weber up a notch bigtime. Another great thing I tried was cooking a 1&1/2" boneless ribeye directly over the Vortex for about 90 seconds a side, perfect sear and done exactly the way I like. You'll come up with more uses for the Vortex as time goes on, congrats! RAY

I almost missed this Ray with all of the Father's Day posts. Glad to see you went back to your favorite, they look awesome! LIKE! John

Thanks John, and thanks for the LIke, mucho appreciendo1 Are you kids back in town to enjoy some heat and get out of the smoke for awhile? I'm going to do some Vortex legs later today, scored everything bigtime at Sam's yesterday. RAY

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky