Vortex Pork Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I have an Asian marinade I usually use for pork steaks with a grated chuck of fresh frozen pineapple to tenderize. I decided to go Teriyaki this time without the pineapple. Used up some of my left over charcoal for this. Really was not that crazy about the Teriyaki with this and really needed the pineapple. Was a bit on the tough side but got to try something new sometimes. First time using the Vortex for steak and will be doing that again.

IMG_20230422_174400271.jpg IMG_20230422_175541819_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230422_180144165.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good Brian

Point for sure
Chris

I usually do the old zesty italian marinade, but something with an asian flair and pineapple sounds tasty.

Looks good Brian. I’m not a big fan of teriyaki flavor but the addition of pineapple to it like you do sounds great. I got to try that now, thanks for that idea.

Looks good Brian, you know we love pork steak and chops here.
Sorry was not what you expected, but like you said , you have to try different things sometimes, just to see.

Pineapple is always a nice add, I use it a lot

David

Good looking plate. May not be to your liking but still looks good. Another step on the learning curve for you.

Jim

Good lookin' plate of food . Looks like a nice cook on the steak too .
About a year ago John ( Bear ) sent me some of the sauces he likes to use . One is a Pineapple teriyaki . It's good stuff . I have one bottle left . Almost hate to open it now .
Had another one that was honey ginger . That one is really good , but you could make them yourself . Nice to have it ready to go on the shelf .

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I just love the pork steaks! Though I do like Asian food, not a big fan of Teriyaki. Ann likes it though, so I would probably give it a try, too.

I guess we can't find the gems unless we try new things. The price paid for being curious.

Good looking plate there Brian, some nice work! I usually like pork chops fried more than on the grill, but when tossed on the Weber I like them with teriyaki. I've found if I Jaccard the living bejesus out of the pork chops before seasoning and grilling it really helps to tender them up, might even try pounding after that next time. RAY

Looks good to me Brian! Always a bummer when it turns out... not great but now you know!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky