Vinegar in pulled pork sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lowcountrygamecock

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Hey strange question. We're cooking 150 lbs of butts for an outreach event on Saturday. We'll be pulling them tonight, cooling them, bagging them and then re-heating on Saturday. The event is 6 hours away so there is zero way to cook on site. We normally mix sweet baby rays with some other stuff including vinegar and mix that in the meat when we serve. That's when we cook and immediately serve though. The crowd wants to mix sauce ahead of time but I'm afraid the vinegar will make the meat mushy. Thoughts?

I vote for mixing juices or thinned out sauce when reheating. I use smoked pork broth in my butt injection and will reserve some of that to moisten the meat. Anything to keep the meat moist and porky, and we serve sauces at the end of the line.

I agree with chopsaw chopsaw and thirdeye thirdeye . Mix the pan dripping back in and let the crowd add or ask for sauce when they get their pulled pork.

Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
I love JJ’s finishing sauce. Recommend it to everyone. I’ve Never had anyone not like it. Can just mix it in when you reheat also.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky