Vinegar based sauces - what is your favorite recipe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I rarely see a Carolina vinegar sauce here in Ohio but I'm curious so I'll make the one above. I just need to get some brown sugar.

I've started tinkering with making my own bbq sauces.

("bbq" fails the board spell-check. Shame!)

I've been starting from plain tomato sauce, then sweetening with honey and adding tartness with vinegar. Then darken the flavor with molasses, and add onion, garlic, salt, etc.

Reactions: JC in GB
I have a plethora of yellow peppers from my garden. I'm interested in finding out any sauce recipes using yellow pepper sauce. I am searching for the right combination of herbs, vinegars, etc that enhances smoking.

Any input?

What kind of Yellow peppers? Peruvian Aji Amarillo is a fabulous Chile for sauce. Great flavor!...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky