Veterans Day brisket.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

turnandburn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Hey everybody. I'm doing me another 14lb. brisket. This time for Veterans Day. As a veteran myself I have a couple Vet buddies comin over tomorrow for some beef! Lol.

The rub is simple as always. Just SPOG with a little paprika added this time. The last picture is the 2 hr mark. Adding wood. Gunna run this one at 235* that way I can possibly get some sleep tonight. I'm sure the whiskey and beer will help with that. Lol. Good times with good buddies. And family of course.

Let me know if these pics don't upload or view right. I hope it does. Thanks guys and hope you enjoy the smoky ride. Also this will be run on 100% cherry wood. I normally do mesquite but I love beef and cherrywood smoke. Who knows I might sneak a lil mesquite in there. Maybe. Haha. Enjoy! ;)

Last edited:
Thank you for your service
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
. You should have some fine eats. Keep the pics coming.

Happy smoken.

David

Enjoy what we call Remembrance day in Canada. It looks like you will with that brisket.

Disco

Y'all are very welcome. Sounds weird to me to hear ppl say thanks. Always has. But it damn sure feels good to know it goes appreciated by some people still. As for the pics. Well they'll come as we progress further into the smoke. Lol. Can't forget about my SMF family.

Thank you for your service.

Cant wait to see the results

the boys that did show up tonite allowed me a 30 minute snooze while they pulled fire watch for old time sake. 9hr mark. I may get another 30min shuteye in about 2 more hours. Lol. I woke up to another whiskey being poured for the beefmaster(me). Lol.

I put the therm in at the 7hr mark. And it was 150*...you can see how far it got in 2 hrs. The good old stall. It's still sitting at 160. On for another stall. Firepit is burning and story time around the fire like the good old days.

Also for this brisket I chose to try fat side down and the fat I trimmed from the cap I placed on top of the brisket just for experimentation purposes. I was just gunna do fat cap up as usual but what the hell. Might as well give it a try. Can't hurt. You can definitely smell cookin beef In progress. Mmmmm...'mmmmmm...'mmmmm

Well here we are at the 15hr mark. Yes I said 15hr. Lol. This should make for one helluva brisket.

Starting to look like a brisket more and more with each passing hour.

And as for the temp soo far.

You can see how much the temp has changed internally in 6hrs time. Not very much. Series of mini stalls after a pretty long one. This should guarantee all connective tissue will be broken down. Lol. Hopefully. Stay tuned.

TurnandBurn,  Thanks to you and your buddies for your service.  That brisket looks excellen!

HAPPY VETERAN's Day to all past and present members of our Armed Forces.

usa.gif

usa.gif

Last edited:
Alright alright alright. I decided to pull it off as it felt more than ready when I picked it up. And temp may have been off on therm. Cuz I just picked this thing up and it felt like putty in my hands. Lol. Well not completely. But it passes. Smells amaZing. The neighbors dogs won't shut the heck up. Haha.

All these pictures are just before I wrapped it up to bring in. Was just trying to show that awesome reddish color you get from cherrywood on beef. I already managed to snag myself a piece if the point...Shhhhh...lol. I was wrapping it up and a piece of the point poked thru, so that piece had to be dealt with. Lemme say this...if that piece is anything like what's comin next...ladies and gents we r gunna feast like kings....and queens. Lol. Stay tuned for sliced pics in the next hour or so hopefully. Might just throw some point and eggs in the pan. Lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky