Very Fortunate!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, sorry it’s been a while! As I am sure with everyone else, life has been a bit busy… But we were able to get out elk hunting and my son requested we post our hunts here on SMF!

So, first is my buddies son and my sons good friend… His first elk!

A8A6E85D-D9D5-460E-B809-A706FE41990A.jpeg

Then my son…

63CD8904-A323-45EF-89DF-97DC29D1DC9A.jpeg

Finally the old man (me) was even able to get in on the action….

2D1AA5BB-1C48-4554-AC7F-B60D34F23EB5.jpeg

Was a really good elk season, we rely on the weather to push the elk down where we can have a successful hunt and Ma Nature really played into our favor this year!

I have to give a shout out to my cousin Corey for always helping us out!

Hats off to the two boys 12 and 13… we had to drag two of these for a bit and they hung in there til the end!

Also, to my buddy Clay… thanks for a great elk season!

My son is already asking for jerky, snack sticks and sausage… so we will have future threads to follow up with!

Thanks for looking all!

Hey all, sorry it’s been a while! As I am sure with everyone else, life has been a bit busy… But we were able to get out elk hunting and my son requested we post our hunts here on SMF!

So, first is my buddies son and my sons good friend… His first elk!

View attachment 649034

Then my son…

View attachment 649035

Finally the old man (me) was even able to get in on the action….

View attachment 649036

Was a really good elk season, we rely on the weather to push the elk down where we can have a successful hunt and Ma Nature really played into our favor this year!

I have to give a shout out to my cousin Corey for always helping us out!

Hats off to the two boys 12 and 13… we had to drag two of these for a bit and they hung in there til the end!

Also, to my buddy Clay… thanks for a great elk season!

My son is already asking for jerky, snack sticks and sausage… so we will have future threads to follow up with!

Thanks for looking all!
Congrats to you and the boys on the elk!
I never had a chance to hunt elk before but those look like they might be nice tender eaters. That is the best!

I look forward to seeing the processed and cooked results :)

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
That's awesome Justin! Not only on the successful hunt but also the chance to spend times with the boys and making memories for years to come!

Ryan

That’s just fantastic! Love to see the kids involved, and congratulations. Elk Will make some fine sausage and sticks for sure, but I usually go straight for the back strap dinner. We just finished cutting up my mule deer. Delicious.

Congrats on a great hunt. Good head start on filling the freezer. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.
Jim

Thanks Jim, was sure a fun season! We for sure have some plans for a few projects! Appreciate the like as well!

Congrats to you and the boys on the elk!
I never had a chance to hunt elk before but those look like they might be nice tender eaters. That is the best!

I look forward to seeing the processed and cooked results :)

Thank you, we love elk hunting! Elk meat is by far a fam fav… we absolutely could live off it!

For sure more threads to come…

Thanks for the like, much appreciated!

Reactions: tallbm
That's a whole bucket of awesomesauce right there! Congrats on your success and the positive upbringing the young men are acquiring!

Thank you for the kind words and like… very much appreciated! These kiddos love the outdoors… hunting and fishing!

Reactions: Buckeyedude
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky