Very excited for Easter....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
double smoked ham sounds good they are .87 a lb here :<) . I seen hey grill hey has a couple really nice recipes
I paid 99¢lb, grabbed three. I score them with a sheetrock knife and smoke the ham on the kettle, chimney full of coals, Vortex with wood chunks. I don't get all fancy, baste a couple times with pure maple syrup near the end, pull at 150º, 10 minute rest. Always a nice smoke flavor and juicy, love the ham sannys and split pea soup that follows. RAY

DSCN4183.JPG

I glaze them with apricot jam mixed with soy sauce and garlic for the glaze. Waiting for your results.
My AZ buddy SecondHandSmoker SecondHandSmoker always did a apricot jam-whisky glaze on hams, game hens too. Stu was the best at this stuff. I haven't been able to contact him via this forum, email, or personnel phone call for over six weeks. We talked every day via PM or email, I'm thinking Stu is no longer with us, more than concerned, things do happen. RAY

My AZ buddy SecondHandSmoker SecondHandSmoker always did a apricot jam-whisky glaze on hams, game hens too. Stu was the best at this stuff. I haven't been able to contact him via this forum, email, or personnel phone call for over six weeks. We talked every day via PM or email, I'm thinking Stu is no longer with us, more than concerned, things do happen. RAY
Dang, I hope that’s not the case. Don’t need to lose anymore members.

But the fruit glaze is absolutely exceptional.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Stu is a good friend of mine as well. Hope all is okay

okay... the hock is prepped - and the alarm is set. :emoji_wink:

next photos will be dinner!

Attachments

• IMG_3210.jpg
    IMG_3210.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3211.jpg
    IMG_3211.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 8
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky