Vertical stuffer has shipped!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nogoer

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 30, 2007
Newtown CT
Yay, i'm so excited my new stuffer is on its way and will be here tomorrow! I finally justified getting a dedicated stuffer, but really only because i found one from Grizzly tools on amazon for 66 bucks. Its a knock off no doubt, but is still stainless and vertical. I can't store and my family can't eat more than 5lb batches anyway so i think it should work great for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-H6252-...9931724&sr=8-1

Now i just need to decide what recipe to break it in with
icon_mrgreen.gif
Thank heavens its a 3 day weekend. I'll need the extra day to handle all the food projects i want to do.

Its half the price of the other clones and a third the price of the high end F.Dick ones. It really was a no brainer for me. Maybe Debi will chime in and let us know how its held up?

I'm jealous! I saw one on ebay for $59 and haven't had the funds to get it yet. I'm still stuffing with my Kitchen Aide mixer. Takes a while and adds some blisters, but I love doing it. I just wish I didn't have to do it ALL darn day! lol

I haven't quite decided what to make yet, but im getting very anxious to try the stuffer. It's going to be nice to not have the "double ground" meat texture and actually see some chucks of fat and meat in my sausage. The grinder/stuffer works but it results in too much of an emulsified style texture for my tastes.

I'm thinking brats and have what looks to be a great authentic recipe, but veal is so dang expensive. I also love chorizo and may make that and hot smoke some of them before freezing.

I'm also heavily debating about making some sauscisson(sp) sec as well. Its a dried french sausage that my book says is "easy", at least as dried sausages go i guess. Its only dried rather than dried and fermented so it takes a little complexity out of the process. Drying sausages is the main reason i got into sausage making.

hello hello ,
if you can do it easily---
would you post the"" sauscisson"" recipe---
since sarcozy has been elected---
i think its o k to try french things again---
ha ha ha
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif

Well i ended up making bratwurst with the new stuffer. Besides the stuffer sliding around a bit while cranking it was much much easier this time. My wife ended up doing the cranking while i fed the casing. I think it saved me a few hours overall. Once i started i didnt look at the clock again until everything was washed and put away. By that time only 2 and a half hours had gone by. I did butcher the picnic shoulder the night before though, that took about an hour.

Larry,

The recipe is out of the book Charcutrie and i can post it if you want. It's not mine so make sure the authors take any credit so i dont get in trouble. Its pretty basic though, the trick is in the dry ageing which involves too much to post it along with the recipe. The recipe appeals to me because its dried but doesnt need anything like fermento or a starter culture and completes in only a few weeks.

The books at home and im not so i will try and remember to get it tonight.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky