Versatility of a Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PolishDeli

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 9, 2018
A while back turkey’s were on sale. $0.48/pound or something like that.
I bought two birds, each weighing around 13-15pounds, and went on a mission to get as many different types of meals out of them as possible.
Picture diary below:

Removed the breast meat from one bird and made smoked turkey cold cuts for sandwiches.
brst.png

Smoked all the legs
lgs.png

The remaining 8 pounds or so of meat were ground up.
gnd.png

The ground meat was used for:
Turkey Kielbasa
klbsa.png

Burritos
brtos.png

Burgers

brgs.png

Empanadas
emp.png

The carcasses yielded about 1 gallon of stock.
stk.png

Used the stock for
Purple cauliflower soup
cfsp.png

Tomato soup
tsp.png

Broccoli cheddar soup
bsp.png

Cuban rice and beans.
rnb.png

After making the stock, the remaining meat along with some of the bones were chopped up and made into dog food.
(I used an instapot for making the stock which softens most the bones)
df.png

Thanks for looking!

Awesome! Great way to use up a bird in so many different ways. No waste and can't get any cheaper!

Great post! That's the first time I've seen purple Cauliflower soup. I'll have to use some to make my cauliflower and sausage soup as the weater cools down in TX :)

Great post with great pics! Sad not more responses...I missed it as well. Looks delicious for sure!

Ryan

Late to the party, but what an amazing post of how you used a turkey in so many ways!! Thanks for sharing it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky