vennsolla

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
Venison loin, tail end cured as bressola. Cured in the cure bag, vac sealed for a year. Yeah I forgot bout it. Opened the bag and it smelled great. Rinsed it and netted it. Then mold solution dunk. Hung to dry then in to the chamber. 2 months in the chamber and it was ready to slice.

IMG_20190111_185035757.jpg
IMG_20190111_200850240 (1).jpg
IMG_20190112_184421746.jpg

Dipped in the mold solution.

IMG_20190111_201320028 (1).jpg

In my empty chamber. Yes I am fixing this problem.

IMG_20190123_194655627 (1).jpg

Mold growth after 4 days. I like it.

IMG_20190218_192554418.jpg

Water scrub to get the mold off. Best I could do. Vac sealed for 3 weeks afterwards. Forgot that pic. Just meat vac sealed.

IMG_20190320_194653093.jpg
IMG_20190320_194715955.jpg

Very flavorful, no caseharding and melts in your mouth. Very happy with this.

That looks amazing!!!
Although not the same method my Sicilian Grandfather use to use. LOL
My Gramps did all the meat curing, winemaking and vegetable growing and my Grandma did pretty much everything else. Man time sure was a lot slower back then, I miss that a lot.

Adam... Nice.... Well I guess that's proof.... Go slow, don't hurry, let the meat take all the time it needs and it will come out perfect.... Very nice job.....
I love it the meat has no case hardening... That's what a quality product looks like.... U-DUN-GUD !!!!!

Cured for year.....bet that was tender!!!

Thanks

PCF, Nice job, your venison bressola looks incredible.Load that curing chamber up ! :)

I have 3 pieces ready to go in today

Adam... Nice.... Well I guess that's proof.... Go slow, don't hurry, let the meat take all the time it needs and it will come out perfect.... Very nice job.....
I love it the meat has no case hardening... That's what a quality product looks like.... U-DUN-GUD !!!!!

Thanks Dave. I am very pleased with this.

Wow. Looks great. Good job. Strong hug.

Never seen this before...Venison after more than a year....amazing....You said you water scrubbed to get rid of mold...You can call me savage but I wouldn't wash it...just scrub mold with white wine....white mold is essentially penicillin and wont harm you...it's majority agreement among charchuterie professionals that white mold is "icing on the cake"...

Never seen this before...Venison after more than a year....amazing....You said you water scrubbed to get rid of mold...You can call me savage but I wouldn't wash it...just scrub mold with white wine....white mold is essentially penicillin and wont harm you...it's majority agreement among charchuterie professionals that white mold is "icing on the cake"...

Yes a year in the cure bag. 2 months in the chamber. My wife wont eat it if the mold is on it. So I try to please her. Happy wife, happy life.

That looks phenomenal my friend!

Thanks Justin. Get your chamber going.

Yes a year in the cure bag. 2 months in the chamber. My wife wont eat it if the mold is on it. So I try to please her. Happy wife, happy life.
Honestly, it would take me long time to sample that appetizer piece....first you smell it.. then look at the texture agains sun light...then smell it again.... then pull it to check consistency.... then stick it on tongue, savor it and to let taste buds to talk to me.... sampling would take loooong time my friend...

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky