Venison/Pork Swedish Potato Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Few days of crappy weather enticed me to make some sausage.
10# Venison
12 1/2# Pork Butt
2 1/2# Frozen French Fries
4 Onions
25# Potato Seasoning
IMG_0762.jpeg
LEM in action
IMG_0763.jpeg
Bagged about 10#
Stuffed the rest into rings
IMG_0771.jpeg

May give the rings couple hrs light cold smoke tomorrow just for something to do.
Patty test was pretty good. Brother made some couple months ago and suggested that seasoning.

Those are some nice looking links. I do love the dark, rich color of them. Can't help but think they would be really god right off the smoker.

Robert

They look and sound darn near perfect to me.

Point for sure
Chris

What was your opinion of the flavor with that Walton’s mix? Also, did you grind the frozen fries, or cut them up?

It wasn't real heavy on flavor. The onions did put a little kick in there and yes, did grind fries and onions.
Looks like you did a 3/16 or 1/4” grind? When I’ve dipped into potato sausage I’ve always used a 3/8” plate and ground everything through. Seams to hold the texture better, but any way you do it is always delicious. Again , nice work.

Looks like you did a 3/16 or 1/4” grind? When I’ve dipped into potato sausage I’ve always used a 3/8” plate and ground everything through. Seams to hold the texture better, but any way you do it is always delicious. Again , nice work.
Thank you for the tip !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky