Venison Pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That does look great. I'm usually afraid to smoke any venison, but this reminds me of the batch of Bear's "dried beef" that I made some time ago. (It didn't last long).

After getting three deer this past year, I may have to try this pastrami. Do you know what cut you used? It's hard to tell from the pic.

Reactions: TNJAKE
That does look great. I'm usually afraid to smoke any venison, but this reminds me of the batch of Bear's "dried beef" that I made some time ago. (It didn't last long).

After getting three deer this past year, I may have to try this pastrami. Do you know what cut you used? It's hard to tell from the pic.
Thanks Bert. I have no idea on the specific cut. Anything will work though. It sure is tasty

Howdy fellas and non fellas. First time dry curing anything. @chopsaw thanks for the help in pointing me in the right direction.

Started off with a couple small venison roastsView attachment 522089
Trimmed up and applied cure #1, kosher salt, brown sugar. Put them under a light vac seal and into the fridge for 7 days flipping and massaging dailyView attachment 522090
After it finished curing pulled out, rinsed, dry and into the fridge overnight uncoveredView attachment 522091
Next day mixed up meatheads pastrami rub from amazing ribsView attachment 522092
Stuffs delicious. Generous coatingView attachment 522093
Put it on the smoker using pecan pellets this morning at 215°. View attachment 522094
Only took a couple hours to reach 142° IT. Pulled off and rested 10min. Final temp 145°View attachment 522095View attachment 522096View attachment 522097View attachment 522098
Ate a bunch while slicing. Vac sealed the rest for some sammiches during the snow storm coming this weekend. Was off the charts delicious.View attachment 522099
🤬That looks killer, Jake!!!👍👍👍

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky