Venison Pastrami Loaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Thanks Carlo tallbm tallbm for getting me through this. It is as good as you said. Think whip up some of Jeff's mash cauliflower and some green beans to go with. This would also work well with Beef.

20220119_140726.jpg 20220119_141647.jpg 20220119_142326.jpg

20220120_142414.jpg

Looks awesome, I love meat loaf! I have never heard of Venison pastrami Loaf, some pretty amazing things here. I would love to be able to taste that, very cool!

Thanks Carlo tallbm tallbm for getting me through this. It is as good as you said. Think whip up some of Jeff's mash cauliflower and some green beans to go with. This would also work well with Beef.

View attachment 522792View attachment 522791View attachment 522790

View attachment 522793
Ooooooh man that looks good!!! You will have some amazing meals, wraps, etc. with that stuff!
Yeah there is nothing stopping someone from buying 80/20 beef and making this. It would be simple and has that amazing flavor.

Looks awesome, I love meat loaf! I have never heard of Venison pastrami Loaf, some pretty amazing things here. I would love to be able to taste that, very cool!

bauchjw bauchjw this is really sandwich meat rather than a meat loaf. The "loaf" comes in as it is formed as a "loaf" to smoke. The smoking process is the same that you use for doing sausage.

So if u ever decide to make it understand that you are making sandwich meat that would be better sliced instead of a meat loaf type dish.

You could also just stuff this into big fibrous casings and smoke to make a more bologna/summer sausage type look. Forming into a loaf gives you slices that are more of a traditional pastrami loaf and you avoid the hassle of having to stuff into a casing :D

. bauchjw bauchjw this is really sandwich meat rather than a meat loaf. The "loaf" comes in as it is formed as a "loaf" to smoke. The smoking process is the same that you use for doing sausage.

So if u ever decide to make it understand that you are making sandwich meat that would be better sliced instead of a meat loaf type dish.

You could also just stuff this into big fibrous casings and smoke to make a more bologna/summer sausage type look. Forming into a loaf gives you slices that are more of a traditional pastrami loaf and you avoid the hassle of having to stuff into a casing :D
Haha! Well, that’s embarrassing! Learned something new though! If I decide to make it I’ll be sure not to serve it to my family with mashed potatoes and gravy🤣 when my kids get older I’ll start learning sausage. I’ll definitely try it then! Awesome job, thank you!

Haha! Well, that’s embarrassing! Learned something new though! If I decide to make it I’ll be sure not to serve it to my family with mashed potatoes and gravy🤣 when my kids get older I’ll start learning sausage. I’ll definitely try it then! Awesome job, thank you!
hahaha nothing to be embarrassed about :)
Just didnt wanting you making it and ending up with something other than what you expected lol.

This is a great entry smoke into the world of sausage and formed sandwich meat. Like BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma mentioned, you could just buy 80/20 ground beef and do this. No need for grinders or stuffers or anything. But you do have to walk the temp up properly.

Having a slicer would be nice but you could hand slice and have slightly thicker cuts no problem :)

Man Brian, that looks pretty tasty!! Good job buddy. I'd certainly devour a slab or two of that.

Robert

Took some to the brewery today and everyone said same thing. Really good summer sausage. Threw some jalapeno in there and there you go!
Hahaha did u tell them the flavors are pastrami?
I'm glad they enjoyed it. That is the main thing :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky