Venison Kielbasa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tony111

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
W.C. OHIO
Lucky enough to have ground venison in the freezer and some leftover pork back fat , I thought with all this time on my hands I might as well make some kielbasa

20200401_114224.jpg

All ground through a 3/16 plate and mixed by hand ready to stuff into 32mm casings
20200401_151410.jpg

Stuffed into premeasured 12 inch casings and tied off with butcher's twine
20200401_154254.jpg

A few hours in for a 5 hour smoke in the mes. Keep temp around 155 degrees and finished at a IT of 150
20200402_125224.jpg

After a ice water bath and an hour of blooming this is what these will be used for. We bought about 6 boxes of this just before the shit hit the fan.
20200402_134311.jpg

Made a meal out of this tonight to celebrate the birth of my grandson, born 4/03/20. He is home and all are well amist all of this nerve wracking time.
Thanks for looking and hope this finds all you and your families the best.

Very nice , I bet those were great . I dug down in the deep freeze yesterday and found a ring of polish .
Congrats on the new family member , and glad everyone is ok .

Looks great and congrats aint nothing better than grandkids, they will keep ya young and broke lol

Congrats on your grandson, looks like you'll have a new smoking buddy in a few years. your kielbasi looks great too, thanks for sharing your recipe. Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky